~Testing~ Todoroki x Reader

(Fanart by hinata1495 on deviantart!)

a5thearmchairexpert250 asked: "Heyo, hope you are doing well during this strange time. Anyway, do you think I can have a oneshot? I see you are a fellow Todoroki fan so I have a oneshot where class-1A goes to the beach for the day? Stay safe"

These kids never get a break, they're always in some kind of trouble, they deserve a nice vacation.  But

"It's nice to finally get a break," I sigh in content.  "Exams really weren't kind to any of us."

"They weren't that hard, love," Todoroki comments."

"Are you calling me dumb, Mr. Gifted?" I smirk teasingly.

"Not at all."  He kisses the top of my head.  "I'm just happy to spend time with you, just the two of us."

It's unfortunate that my boyfriend and I haven't been able to have quality time together.  Both of us agreed to focus on our exams, but it wasn't our best plan.  I could tell it took a toll on both of us, but you know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.  It'll make our little date today that much sweeter.  When the class proposed this mini break, we both saw it as an opportunity to enjoy some long-awaited alone time.

"Hey Todoroki, (Y/n)!" Midoriya approaches us with a wide smile, Uraraka by his side in a cute, blushing pink bikini, sunhat, and tote bag.

"Hey you two,"  I wave at them.  They're such a cute couple.  "Where're you guys going?"

"The boardwalk, you know, play some of the games and stuff.  Wanna come with us?" the boy offers.

I'm about to respond, when Shouto's hand around me squeezes me tighter, his already stone expression stiffer.

"Deku, I'm pretty sure they want to be by themselves," Uraraka touches his shoulder.

"Oh, you're right, honey," his freckled cheeks turn pink, "Sorry about that, we'll leave you to it then!"

"Don't worry about it!  Have fun yourselves!"

Shouto guides me in the opposite direction of the couple, starting towards the beach.  "Let's go somewhere else," he says stiffly.

"You must've really missed me to be acting all possessive like that."

The boy looks down at me with his mismatched eyes.  "And you didn't?"

His puppy dog eyes melts my heart and I have to reach up and kiss his cool cheek.  "Of course I did, I'm just better at controlling it."

He grabs my hand and kisses my palm.  "Sometimes I wish you didn't," his voice lowers an octave as he kisses my cheek halfway to my lips.

"One of us has to be level-headed," I tease, but still turn my head to face him properly, my heart skipping a beat.

"Get a room, lovebirds!"

Both of us snap our heads toward the voice as if we've been caught doing something wrong, but Shouto huffs minutely seeing that it's only Kaminari and Mineta.

"Some of us are still painfully single," the blond groans out, about to walk past us.

My eyes widen childishly at their hands holding ice creams.  "Where'd you guys get those?" I ask a bit too giddily.

Mineta points behind him somewhere while the popsicle is still in his mouth.  "There's a lady selling them from a cart-"

"Shouto, let's go get one!" I pull his arm in that general direction.  Anything to get my boyfriend less pouty than he already is.