~Soup~ Todoroki X Reader

These next few one shots will be short and fluffy sweet!  Haven't done Todo in a while, so I'm gonna do 2 of his and another Baku afterwards.  Enjoy! (Not gonna lie, I got the idea for this one when I saw the design on a Todo body pillow...)

I slump down onto the padded ground, breaths heaving in and out as my chest rises and falls to pull as much oxygen in as possible.  "How was that one?" I heave out.

Tokoyami clenches and flexes his fist, Dark Shadow completely gone.  "I believe your quirk has gotten a bit stronger," he concludes flatly, "You almost completely withered Dark Shadow with that last blast."

"Great," I whoop, trying to hold onto the small amount of energy left in my body, but I end up staring at the ceiling with a thud.

"(L/n), are you alright?" the boy waltzes over and kneels in front of me.  "Have I overworked you?"

"I'm fine," my voice croaks out.  I feel for my bottle with my sports drink.  "I need a few minutes to recoup."  With the way my body's quivering, I need to relax for a few moments before I can even attempt standing.

Tokoyami grabs my drink from a few feet away and hands it to me, helping me up.  "I understand why you always carry sports drinks and snacks while you train.  You must use up more energy than the normal hero with your quirk."  He sits me up and holds his arm out for me to brace on it.

The shaky arm I use to lift the bottle to my mouth leans on his to keep me steady.  After gulping down the entire rest of the bottle, I catch my breath.  "Thanks, Tokoyami."

"Would you like help going back to the dorms?" he asks earnestly, releasing his arm from my back when I manage to lean forward myself.

"No, it's okay, I just need a minute for the drink to kick in," I wave him off.  "I'll get some food when-"  My entire body goes colder despite the air hitting my sweat.  Aw shit.  "Can you hand me my phone, please?"  Once I have it and it lights up, I groan out.  "Damnit, I'm late."  From both the flash of the late hour and the list of text messages from my boyfriend, I scramble to my feet.  "I gotta run back, I'm sorry."

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" the mysterious boy repeats, clearly worried about my state.

"I'll be okay, I'm going straight to the dorms."  I swipe my training bag from the bench near the door and throw it open.  "Bye!  Thanks for the training!"

Sprinting all the way back to the dorm building proved difficult.  Running on whatever small amount of adrenaline and energy left in my body after a harsh workout isn't my best idea.  I start munching on the crackers stashed in my bag for times like this, just so I don't pass out from low blood sugar on the way up to my room.  He's probably so worried, it's so late, I think.

Todoroki wanted to cook dinner for us in the dorms today, just to celebrate the ending of a tough week.  Tokoyami wanted to practice with my Light quirk after class since we didn't have enough training with it during our training session.  I wasn't anticipating being there until 9 pm, especially not without telling Todoroki.  He had sent so many texts asking when I would be back, telling me he started cooking already, hoping that I wasn't overdoing it, everything that would make him seem like a worried mother.  It made me so guilty that I was so engrossed in training that I didn't hear my phone chiming.

Finally making it to my room and opening the door, my well-rehearsed apology died on my lips only to quirk up into a soft smile.  My sweet boyfriend lays sprawled across my bed, head cradled by a pillow as he rests on his back in a white shirt and sweatpants.  The shirt lifts up slightly to reveal a patch of bare skin at his waist.  His toned arms trap an open book across his chest, phone loosely gripped in his hand.  He looks so peaceful, mouth slightly agape and chest steadily rising and falling.

My heart softens in both affection and guilt.  He seems to have fallen asleep waiting up for me, checking his phone even as his eyes drooped close.  His week wasn't the easiest either, poor boy deserves to feel exhausted.

I tiptoe around the room to gather my clothes to go shower, not wishing to disturb his slumber.  After quickly rinsing the sweat off my body and out of my hair and drying myself, I poke my head out the door to see how my sleeping prince is faring.  He hasn't moved a muscle.  I dress and exit, barely making any noise, closing the bathroom door behind me.

"Love?"

The word both startles and rushes me with warmth.  His head turns to the side, eyes lazily fluttering open.

"I just got back," I coo softly, laying next to him.  "I'm sorry I made you worry, I was still training."

"It's fine, at least you're here," his voice comes out deep and scratchy.  He places the book on the other side and wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer to kiss the top of my head.  "Mmm, vanilla honey," he hums in appreciation.

I chuckle at his observation.  "Perceptive."

His breathing is still deep as he rubs his eyes of the remaining sleep.  "You must be hungry, love.  I'll go reheat the pot," he mumbles, though he makes no move and turns onto his side to keep cuddling me.

"How're gonna do that when you're still sleepy, baby?" I singsong to him.

"Just a minute."  Todoroki presses a warm kiss to my forehead.  "I missed you today."

"I missed you too."

His eyes open up again, resting his mismatched eyes on me affectionately.  "Did you overwork yourself again?  I refilled your stash of snacks in your bag earlier this week so you would have enough."

"I had some on the way here, thank you," I nod.

He inhales and hums again, his arm around me constricting more.  "Mmm, you smell so sweet."  Burying his face in my neck, he peppers kisses in the curve between my shoulder and nape.  "I might have you for dessert before dinner."

The comment makes heat flush to my face, his cold hand tracing up my spine through my shirt.  "B-But I was looking forward to your cooking, Shoto."

He raises his head back up, a cute slight pout on his lips and messy hair almost sweeping into his eyes.

I brush a hand through his bangs to move the soft locks.  "You worked hard to make it, don't spoil your appetite.  You must be hungry since I made you wait."

Todoroki leans into my touch.  "You're right.  Besides, you need a proper meal after training so hard."  Another kiss on my nose and he finally gets up.  "Sit tight while I reheat the soup."

I roll onto my other side to face him, already missing his warmth.  "What kind of soup?"

"Soba."

I want to throw my head back and laugh, but my body aches now that I've relaxed all my muscles.  "Of course soba."  A groan escapes my lips as I stretch onto my back.

"I added some meat and veggies to make it more filling."  I can hear the hint of defensiveness in his voice.

"I'm looking forward to tasting it."  My eyes close slowly, fatigue finally overtaking me as I feel my body sinking into the mattress and I relish the quiet for a few moments.

Suddenly, Todoroki's weight is on top of me and my eyelids shoot open before his lips press against mine for a brief moment, my stomach fluttering.  He pulls away, a playful glint in his heterochromatic orbs as he chuckles.  "I couldn't help it, love, you looked so cute."  He doesn't let me get a word in, continuing to pepper my entire face in kisses.  "I promise I'll massage all your muscles later so you can relax."

Finally regaining control on the tumbling feeling in my stomach, I hug his torso closer and kiss him again.  "You're too much, Shoto," I chuckle.

One of Todoroki's hands supporting his body near my head brushes my cheek, a soft smile on his face.  "And you're my everything, love."

ASKDFBUAGFUYRFORFHH that was way fluffier than I anticipated, I'm gonna go cry now because I want a Shoto but he's not freaking real T_T

~Tiny senpai