~Just One Day~ Todoroki X Reader

Valentine's Special featuring Todoroki~

Waking out of my slumber, I register the lack of warmth on my body.  Frowning, I reach out for my boyfriend.  "Shouto?" my low morning voice mumbles out.

"Baby?"  Immediately, his heated side wraps around me.  "Did I wake you?"

I shake my head, snuggling into his chest.  "You weren't near me when I woke up."

The smile on his face as he kisses the top of my head is practically audible.  "I'm sorry, love.  I woke up earlier, but I didn't want to disturb you."

My eyes finally peel open.  Shifting my head to look up at him, I recognize the slight crease of his eyebrows.  "You look distressed, what's wrong?"

His fingers brush through my hair as he sighs.  "Today's Valentine's Day, love.  I know you warned me not to spoil you before, but I can't help but think we should do something special today."

"Shouto," an edge is present in my voice, "I hope you didn't make any huge elaborate plans today."

"I didn't, love," he kissed my forehead again.  "I knew you'd be furious if I did."  He looks into my eyes fondly, a playful smile lifting both corners of his lips.  "So, what would you like to do today?"

I purse my lips in thought.  "We can do something totally normal!  We can go for a walk in the park like we used to.  Or we can go to that new art museum in the city!  And then we can go eat at that fried chicken and ramen place I've wanted to visit!"  My excitement cuts short when I realize all my date ideas were pretty mediocre for Valentine's Day.  "I'm sorry, maybe I'm being a little too unenthusiastic about this whole thing."

"I don't care what we do today," Todoroki assures me gently, continuing to brush my hair.  "We can go anywhere.  As long as I'm with you all day, I'll be content, baby."

A warm shiver travels up my spine and I hug him closer.  His voice when he calls me "baby" is the most blissful thing in the world.  I could be old and walking with a stick and I'd still get flustered when he says it.

"Did I say something to make you shy now?"  He leans closer to my ear.  "Baby?"  He chuckles when I shove his chest.

I never said he doesn't know my weakness and doesn't actively use it against me.

"Would you like to stay home and watch movies all day then?" he suggests, kissing my shoulder.  "We can have a comfortable day in, it would still be nice."

I shake my head.  "It's Valentine's Day, we should at least leave the house and go somewhere."

"Okay, lunch at that restaurant and a movie then?"  He kisses the back of my hand.  "And we can walk through the park together."   Another kiss on my nose.  "And maybe walk down the street and window shop?"

"You're not buying a thing for me today!"  I want to threaten him, but I end up giggling because he's peppering more kisses all over my face.  "I'm trying to be mad at you, stop!"

"You can't be mad at me on Valentine's Day, love, I won't let you.  Besides," he leans in so his lips hover near mine, "There's always White Day next month."

A huff escapes me.  "Fine.  But only next month."

He places a chaste kiss on my lips finally.  "It's not fair that I can't spoil you when you spoil me by being mine every day."

My face heats up in embarrassment.  "Stop saying cheesy things," I mumble into his chest, the warm tingle enveloping me again.

"And the day's only just begun, baby."

Please excuse me while I yeet myself out a window because of how painfully single I feel.