~Don't Ignore Me! Alt. ver~ Bakugou x Reader

This was requested on my Tumblr and by @AndiFire when the original part came out, so I'm writing this version now! What if the roles were reversed...?

I huff at the time on the top corner of my phone and frown.  Where is he?  Why isn't he home yet?  He's late, it isn't like him to be late.  I wonder if he went out with his friends.

As if summoning him, the front door finally opens, causing my head to whip around so fast I could've gotten whiplash.  I spring off the couch and bound towards him like a pet.  "Baby, you're back!"

His clothes are a bit messy, his top button undone as usual.  My charming, loud-mouthed boyfriend.  Every time I see him after a long day, I'm instantly energized by his presence.  I especially need him today since my day was too dragged on without him.

I lean up and close my eyes, anticipating his kiss on my forehead as he always does.  But all I get is a small gust of wind.  Fluttering my eyes open, I see his figure brush past me.  There's a cold shot in my chest, but I try to brush it off.  Maybe he's just tired?

I trail after him into the kitchen as he gets a drink of water and slither my arms around his firm torso.  "You forgot something, Katsu," I tease him.  "I'm waiting~"

Bakugou stays still and finished his water before simply walking out of my grasp.  My arms feel empty and cold without him.  Suddenly, there's a harsh weight on my body, my hands grasping at nothing.

"Katsu?"  My small voice barely carries through the empty hall.  Did I do something?

My mind wanders to frightful thoughts.  We didn't fight when we parted this morning.  What could I have done that mad him so angry he didn't even want to look at me?  In the few times we do fight, he's the type to yell and scream about it until he blows off steam.

As he washes up in the bathroom, I sit on the bed with my legs curled up.  All I can do is obsess over the littlest details that could've set him off.  On the other hand, I'm hoping he just needs his own moment to breathe after a particularly bad day at work.  I understand that, though he could've just told me that.

The bathroom door opens and I sit up immediately, awaiting his eventual acknowledgement of me.  But he simply scrolls through his phone, lifting up the blankets and settling into bed without sparing me even the tiniest glance.

I sit facing him fully.  "Katsuki?  Are you mad at me?" I ask timidly.

No answer.  He continues playing his game like I'm just a fly buzzing around him.

He's cheating on you.

The outlandish thought flashes across my mind, my breath catching.  No, he's not.  That should be the furthest from my mind.  Even if he came back late, there are so many other reasons for that.

"Katsuki, this isn't like you, you're scaring me."  I sound more desperate now.  "If I did something, you'd be yelling by now.  Please talk to me."

Still nothing.

My head starts spinning.  "Look, if you needed alone time or space because you had a long day, I understand, but at least tell me so I'm not in the dark here."  Frustration starts pooling in my blood, at him for being silent, then at me for getting mad when I don't even know what's going on.

When I still get no answer from him, I know he's not gonna budge.  He's a hardheaded dumbass and if he's angry, he needs to work it out by himself.  Even so, I hug a pillow from the bed and rise to my feet.  I can't help the hot tears threatening to spring from my eyes, I want to run out before he can see it.

I barely hear the rustling as I'm in the hallway before solid arms coil around my shoulders from behind.  "Babe, no, don't cry."

"Are you done pouting now?" I ask angrily, the tears finally running down my face.  I clutch the pillow in my arms tighter and bury my face in it.

"I wasn't pouting, I was just- Urghhh!"  Bakugou turns me around to face him.  "Look at me, come on, I'll explain."

My first instinct is to shove him away in rage, but I still miss his long-overdue affection.  I obey and lift my head up.

"Damn it, you're really crying," he mumbles, more anger to himself as he wipes my tears away.  My boyfriend sighs, "Just promise you won't get too mad when I tell you."

"I'll decide when you tell me," I snap back.  He's not completely off the hook for this.

"Fair enough..."  He pauses, gathering his courage.  "I talked to Denki and Sero after work today and they were telling me about this stupid challenge they've seen around on social media.  It's...where you try to ignore your significant other for 24 hours-"

I don't even let him finish before already hitting his face with the pillow.  "This was for a stupid prank?!  What the hell, Katsuki?!"  A fresh set of angry tears streams down my face.  "Here I am worried sick and thinking things I shouldn't all because of your stupid prank."  I start continuously hitting him in the chest.  "YOU STUPID DUMBASS!"

He catches my arms and I notice how hurt he is through my misted vision.  "I know.  It was stupid and I shouldn't have even thought it through.  I Just thought you'd be angry, but then you started crying and I had to stop.  I didn't wanna hurt you, I'm sorry.  It really hurt when I saw you about to cry."

With one more hit to the face, I throw the pillow aside and hug him close.  "You stupid, mindless, dumbass.  If you try to scare me like that again, I'm not gonna forgive you."  I wipe the tears off my face and attempt to give him my most threatening scowl.  "And I'm beating up those two nutheads next time I see them!"

"And I won't stop you," Bakugou chuckles, a glint of pride in his eyes as he embraces me again and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"You're not allowed to leave my side the rest of the night, you understand me?  You have to feed me dinner, watch whatever movie I want, and you have to cuddle me all night!"

"Whatever you want, teddy bear."

Whooo another one down!  Sorry this one was a bit angsty in the beginning, but at least it's all fixed in the end!  Thanks again to AndiFire who requested it~

The next one will probably be Hawks' version of this, but I need to do a bit more research for nailing Hawks' character before I do, so I'll see.

Also!  I'll be moving all of my platonic LoV oneshots to a separate book, so if you notice they're missing from here, just remember they're gonna be located somewhere else.  Hope you're still staying safe and happy, my dear lovelies~ 😘

~Chibi senpai