Midoriya Angst Drabble

Was debating whether or not to post this here, but I posted a prompt list for people to send me stuff on my Tumblr, and someone requested to use these two lines for a Midoriya angst drabble:

"I didn't want you to see this."

"Take my jacket. It's cold outside."

I'm frozen.  Not just because of the cold, but because I was caught red-handed.  With his best friend.  Hearing Izuku's slight gasp as Bakugou pressed me against the wall next to the door, pinning my wrists to the wall as he kisses the breath out of me, shook me out of my skin.  I felt like I'd performed the worse betrayal anyone has ever done for me.  I don't deserve to live.

Even as I looked over at the sudden noise, Bakugou had buried his face in my neck as I stared into crestfallen emerald eyes before they look away in shame.  He was interrupting something, no matter how wrong it may be.

"Get off, Bakugou."  I use all my strength to shove the boy off of me, untangling our limbs.

Through his heaving breaths, the ash blond is about to yell at me before he sees the splash of green in the corner of his eye.  His anger melts into smug victory.  "Oh, it's Deku.  Funny thing you walked into this."  I shoot him a death glare ordering him to shut up.  Bakugou rolls his eyes.  "Whatever, I'll let you two talk or whatever.  Guess, I'll see you inside, babe."  Just to make a point, he brushes the side of my face with his finger, the last lingering trace of our heated moment, before he shoves his hands in his pockets.  As he walks past Izuku to reach the doorway, he shoves him aside with a snort.  "You lost, nerd."

I clench my fists and grind my teeth together, staring straight into the distance.  I don't want to see Izuku's face, it's gonna hurt too much.  The poor boy had walked in with a bar of candy, oblivious to what was going on.  It's like watching a little kid as his eyes drain of innocence, and I can't stand that I was he cause.

He's too sweet.  He doesn't deserve this.  Tears fill my eyes.  But it happened, I hate that it did, but there's a part of me that doesn't regret it either.  Damnit!

"Here."  Rustling of fabric and crunching plastic faintly breaks me out of my thoughts.  "Take my jacket. It's cold outside. I know you're really sensitive to the cold."

He drapes the cloth over my shoulders, and I still refuse to meet his eyes.  It's his favorite jacket; a denim vest with grey hoodie sleeves stitched to it.  I know he wants to cry, I'd like to cry too.  I want to bury myself behind this building with all the guilt eating at me.  I hate that he's still being kind to me, even after he walked in on something as devastating as he did.

"I guess you chose him in the end, huh?" Izuku laughs, trying to lighten the mood, but I can see right through him.

I finally work up the courage to look over at the damage I've done.  The way he can't meet my eyes as he leans over the patio rail, knuckles white from clenching it so hard.  The smile on his face seems like it might rip through him, hiding the fiery anguish I already know he feels.

"I didn't want you to see this," I whisper, trying to convey how sorry I am.  I'm dying for him to at least yell at me, get angry, do something!  I hate how quiet he is!

"Ah, it's okay."  He rubs the back of his neck.  "I kind of knew this would happen.  A silly agreement doesn't stand a chance against feelings."

A few months ago, Bakugou had confessed his crush to me, right after him and Izuku were arguing over who deserved to date me.  Because of the conflict I knew would happen if I dated either of them, I made them agree not to fight over me anymore, and I wouldn't respond if either of them decided to try winning me over.  But in the end, I couldn't deny the tension between Bakugou and I.  The chemistry was too strong to ignore, and tonight we ultimately broke our pact.

Tears fall from my eyes.  I can't believe I disregarded my friendship with an innocent bean for the sake of hormone.  "I'm sorry, Izuku," I cry, "I didn't want this to happen."

"Hey, don't cry."  My friend holds me in his arms and pats my head.  "Your feelings are valid.  Besides, I wouldn't want you smothering how you feel just for my sake.  That wouldn't make me a good friend.  But if he hurts you, you know you can come to me, right?"

His ever-present optimism chokes more sobs out of me.  "Why couldn't I fall for you, Izuku?  You're the nicest guy anyone could have."

"I guess it just happened that way, that's all."  His uplifting tone finally creaks as he starts to cry, his silent tears falling on top of my head.