~Ears~ Todoroki x Reader

The next two are gonna be Shouto/cat related (bc I'm just in such a MOOD for Shouto and cats, either him with cats or as a cat, both make me :(((

This one is a coffee shop au with gender neutral reader pronouns.  Enjoy!

Todoroki's first encounter with you was like anyone else at his job: at the front counter.

You were moving a strand of your hair off your face when you walked up to him with a grateful yet tired smile on your face.  Any other customer can do something similar - in fact, many have - but for some reason, your actions were the one to catch his eye.  Maybe it can be considered love at first sight.

You ordered a caramel macchiato with coconut milk, plus one of the few breakfast sandwiches the cafe offers.  He made sure to fulfill the order to the tee, double checking the recipe, before calling the name you provided.  Seeing your eyes light up in joy at getting your coffee order was the first time his heart stuttered.  When you turned around two steps away from the counter after taking your first sip and praised, "You made it just the way I like it, thanks!" with a grin, it was the second.

Ever since then, it was a daily occurrence to meet you at the cafe for your typical order before running out the door.  On the days when his coworkers worked the counter, he'd notice you walking in and immediately start preparing your order as top priority.  He noticed you apparently favor him; his coworker had to prepare your order because of a morning rush once and he saw you grimace after taking your first sip.  Todoroki thought he failed you that day.  The next day, he relished in your noticeably extra giddiness when you realized your routine was back to normal.

His mind screamed to get to know you, but he's afraid you only see him as a great barista and that's it.  If he it wasn't for that shred or self-doubt he would've already written his number on the inside of your sandwich bag.

"Just shoot your shot, dumbass, the worst thing they'll do is say no."  Bakugou's advice wasn't delivered in the kindest way, but Todoroki needed the bluntness.

"You're assuming they'll be back for a while, what if they suddenly disappear one day?" Jirou added.  "Then you'll end up kicking yourself for not doing anything sooner."  Todoroki's chest constricted at the thought of not seeing you anymore.  He decided to do something the next day.  

That is, until he woke up the next day to cat ears on his head.

True to his hair color, one ear is red and the other is white.  To his mortification, he couldn't pull them out no matter how hard he tugged at them, and pain shoots up to them like they've been a natural part of him for his entire life.  He didn't know what to do; hats were forbidden at work because of the uniform, they wouldn't come out, he has no other way to hide them.  He can only casually stroll into work and play it off as a headband or something.

Bakugou was for sure going to call him a furry after this.

Work ended up being more or less the same as usual, except for him getting more stares that usual from both the customers and his coworkers (Yes, Bakugou laughed at him the second he walked through the door).  The girls called him cute and wanted to pet him, to which he politely refused.  His heart was too busy mentally preparing for when you would walk in and spot his new features.

He didn't have much time, however, as he turned around and suddenly there you were at the counter.  His heart pounded as your eyes flickered up to his head.  Boy, was he unprepared.

Your eyes gleamed and your mouth formed a small "o" unknowingly before collecting yourself and giving him your usual order.  Todoroki noticed a few of your lingering stares and felt twice as embarrassed.  How could this happen to him?