~When They Call My Name~ Todoroki x GN!Reader

I was procrastinating to the max today because I didn't wanna study for my end of rotation exam... I'm kind of a bad student whoops

This was a request on my tumblr from a loooong time ago:

"Uhm hello! I love your oneshots, could I request a fluff oneshot with todoroki where there's just a lot of kisses and cuddles at bed? You could even add a bit of spice if u wanted I wouldn't mine but thank you!"

I didn't end up putting the spice... and it isn't the right mood maybe (because mine has been waaaaaay bad lately 🙃) but I hope you all still enjoy the comfort it brings if it's what you need 💖

This is also inspired by Black Veil Brides "When They Call My Name" because my emo phase never left (it just resurfaces when I'm in my moods), and this song expresses my desire to get a big hug that I'll never get :)  Enjoy!

The weather's gotten colder recently.

As much as that would be a valid excuse to stay under the thick blankets, it's unfortunately not the only reason. You've been in bed all day, alternating between scrolling through TikTok, checking Instagram and Snapchat, and mindlessly watching whatever comes through your YouTube recommended feed. You even nodded off at some points in the day, your sleep being interrupted the entire past week. You know you had things you wanted to do today, but couldn't conjure the energy to execute them.

"Love, have you been in bed all day?" Shouto chuckles as he saunters into the bedroom.

You burrow deeper into the blanket. "Yeah..."

He smiles, slowly removing his clothes from the day, approaching you. He pulls the blanket aside to kiss your cheeks and forehead. "I'm gonna wash up and come join you so you can tell me everything, okay?" He plants a final peck on your nose before turning away.

You can't help but smile. No matter how you're feeling, your boyfriend's company is always welcome. Even in moments when you want to be alone and not talk to anyone, he quietly stays within arms reach minding his own business until you need him.

After a short shower, Shouto returns to your side with an adoring smile on his face. "You look so adorable wrapped up like a burrito."

"It's comfy!" you pout.

Rather than annoy you by unwrapping you from the comforter, he tucks himself under the abandoned sheets and nestles himself right up next to you, pulling you into his body with an arm around your blanketed form. He nuzzles his nose against your forehead and pecks your neck again. "What did you do today, Love?"

A hint of shame flashed through your mind. "Nothing, just watched some stuff. Makeup tutorials, memes, gameplays, stupid stuff."

Shouto's body vibrates with another silent chuckle as his warm thumb dances across your cheeks. "My Love, your interests are so diverse."

"I was just watching anything really," you mumble, feeling a little better that he wasn't going to belittle you for not accomplishing anything, something you were trained to expect since you were a child.

Shouto rubs you back and pulls you closer to him, filling your nostrils with his minty shampoo scent. "What are you thinking about?" he asks softly, noticing your silence.

You pause, listening to his heartbeat as you ponder how to respond. "I don't know. I just feel...numb today. I was gonna go run some errands and stuff, but I just wanted to do nothing all day."

He kisses the top of your head. "And that's okay. You can try again tomorrow and focus on one thing until you feel up to doing all of them."

You burrow your head into his chest, feeling tears prick at your eyes at how supportive he's being. "What if I don't do them tomorrow either?"

"You take as much time as you need, love. You don't need to be up and running all the time, you're allowed break days." He kisses your temple for good measure. "Don't wear yourself out."

The tears spill over the edge of one of your eyes, and you're glad Shouto's wearing a shirt that can catch them without him noticing. You hate crying in front of him because you don't want to seem like a burden even if he says nothing but sweet words to you; it just makes you cry more because you don't deserve that happiness.

Shouto knows you're crying, of course, because he knows you. He lifts your head gently to wipe the wet tracks on your cheeks and gives you the sweetest smile. "I'm proud of you for making it through the day. You rested like you're supposed to. Let's tackle tomorrow when it comes. I love you." Another kiss on your lips before he rests his chin on the top of your head. "What are you watching now?"

"This singer of a band I like. He jumped off stage during a concert to chase off a hater." You pull the blankets tighter around you, snuggling up into your boyfriend's warmth.

Shouto watches the low quality footage shot from far away. "Is he wearing makeup?"

"Yeah. He used to wear a lot more."

There's a pause. "Would you ever do makeup on me like that?"

You look up only to laugh at the genuine curiosity painted on your boyfriend's face. "Maybe for halloween next year." You're only half joking. As you watch the band members ridiculing the heckler, you whisper, "Thank you for being here, Sho."

Your boyfriend hugs you tight in response. "I'll always be here for you, Love. I'm not going anywhere. I'll make you feel so loved." He starts peppering your entire face in kisses.

You try - unsuccessfully - to push him off you while happy tears and laughs escape you. You always knew Shouto is the best thing to happen to you. Every kiss is a reminder that everything will be alright, and his bedtime cuddles do everything in their power to chase away the dark thoughts that occupy your cluttered mind. Although the thought of him leaving you scares you deeply, you're grateful that he's more adamant about never leaving your side.

I hope this gave you guys some much needed comfort, the days have been tough, the weather's been getting colder and I know a lot of people's seasonal depression is kicking in. Or your clinical depression has gotten worse. Either way, accept this as my big hug for you 💖 I'll see you all in the next one!

~Chibi senpai