~Study Date~ Todoroki x Fem!Reader

This is something to celebrate my 400 followers on my tumblr :D  It's a little sneak peak of something I'm working on that I haven't fully developed, but will be published sometime in the near future :)

My head almost falls off my propped arm, heavy with sleep in the middle of doing a problem.  Sitting up straight and stretching, I see the time on my phone says 9:37 PM.  I let out a groan, realizing I've been awake for at least 12 hours at this point.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki's smooth voice expresses concern at my sudden noise.  His pencil freezes in place over his notebook, mismatched eyes gracing me.

"Yeah, just a little tired."  I rest my head against my hand again, pulling my earbuds out.  The steady instrumental playlist must have been low enough that it almost put me to sleep.

"Would you like to go back to the dorms?"

Flipping through the textbook pages in front of us, I sigh.  "I still have a lot of these math problems to do, I can't stop yet."

Going back to work, I plug myself back up.  I pull myself back into a monotonous rhythm of switching between writing and pushing buttons on my calculator as lo-fi music plays on loop in my ears.  The numbers have meshed into my brain and become meaningless, and using the same equations over and over have me running on muscle memory.

Suddenly, hands softly capture both sides of my face and I'm snapped out of my reverie.  Todoroki's deep stare bores into my soul.  The difference in temperature of his hands confusing the senses in my cheeks, but even more unsettling is the way his eyes remain unmoving.  The intensity almost makes me believe he has something to say, but I can't fathom the words to ask what it is.  All I can do is stare back at his unreadable expression, making me more flustered as the endless seconds tick by.

As abruptly as it happened, Todoroki lets go of me and returns back to his own homework, leaving me dazed and confused about what just happened.  The breath I didn't know I was holding finally exhales from me and I remain watching him.  Nothing about his demeanor suggests he just did such a rogue action, or for what reason he did it.

Am I supposed to do nothing?  Do I just disregard it?  His uncaring reaction tells me I should.

Somehow, it's woken me up with a new shot of energy.  I reach into my bag and pull out a box of Pocky to keep up that energy while I finish up this dreaded homework.  I chew on a chocolate stick, considering that he might have done such a strange thing because he doesn't know any other ways of expressing emotions.  In hindsight, it might have been affection in his eyes, they were definitely intense enough for something like that-

I'm shaken out of my thoughts again mid-chew when Todoroki nestles my head between his palms again, the same intense and unreadable emotion creased in his eyes and his furrowed brows.  My gaze flickers between those orbs and the thin line of his his lips pressed together, unable to meet his eyes for very long.  I'm about to find my voice to ask him what's gotten into me.

And he quickly presses a kiss to my nose before letting go.

My eyes widen and heat flows to my cheeks, stomach doing a quick flip.  Oh.  My mind scrambles to calm my heart beating at just a simple peck on the nose.  Todoroki seems fine, he'd already picked up his pencil and gotten back into his rhythm while I'm still staring at him dumbly.

He must have been trying to figure out how to do it properly from before, silly boy, I think, smiling to myself and basking in the warm aftermath.  I can't concentrate on the stupid math in front of me because of his little gesture.  The grin on my face can't be helped, refusing to relax. 

To calm myself, I grab another stick of Pocky and bite into it to keep my mouth busy doing something else.  Scanning over my paper to pick up where I left off, I spot a mistake I'd made in my work.  Holding the long treat between my lips, I grab my eraser to clear the entire problem and start over.  Picking my pencil back up to fix the whole problem, I furiously rewrite the work over, being the perfectionist I am and reprimanding myself for making such a stupid error.

In the middle of writing, Todoroki holds me once again.  He looks down at the treat still hanging out of my mouth.  Tilting my head up slightly, he inches closer.

And bites off three-quarters of the stick, our noses brushing briefly.

If my face was hot before, it's nothing compared to now.  This time, Todoroki removes his hands and leans back, chewing thoughtfully.  By some miracle, the words come out, albeit in a stutter, "I-If you wanted some, you could've said so."

"I thought it would taste better from your lips."

The suave way the words naturally flow out makes me embarrassed, even though we're the only two here.  I feel the heat intensifying and making me dizzier.  "For someone who can't express your emotions properly, you're a smooth-talker," I mutter, chewing the small piece leftover between my lips.

He shrugs.  "It felt right to say, I guess."  It's nonchalant, but I can see the slight tinge of pink across his own cheeks.

"Does that mean I can make a far-fetched conclusion about you?" I smirk, wishing to get back at him.

The color spreads and saturates on his face.  "I know I apologized about that, it was rude of me."

"I know, I just like teasing you about it."  I hug his arm, comforting his ashamed expression that didn't leave at my assurance.  "I'm over it, really.  We'll be laughing about it in the future."

The poor boy isn't convinced, the guilt still present in his features.

Instinctively, I press a kiss to his icy cheek, watching the darkness morph into shock with a chuckle.  "It's my turn to fluster you," I offer in defense.

Cheeks red as his hair, he looks away to hide the color, but the warmth even under his cold side gives away his embarrassment.  "We should finish our homework.  It's getting late and we have class tomorrow."

I unwind myself from him reluctantly and place the box of Pocky between us, leaning my head against my arm again.  This time, to silently admire the beautiful color of my precious boyfriend.

I think I busted my uwus writing this.

~Tiny senpai