~Light Hero~ Kiri x Blind fem!reader

More requests I from the list I need to finish! "Can you do a scenario where Kirishima is married to a blind fem!reader, but recently Kirishima is not spending time with her so she starts to grow insecure thinking he not liking her anymore because of her condition and then she hears rumors of Red Riot hitting off with his sidekick. Kirishima comes home and then finds the reader crying (like a lot). He starts reassure her, apologizes for not spending enough time with her, and in the end is all fluff!!"

Gonna do this in the 3rd person because I can't really write something in the 1st person view of a blind person.

Kirishima's wife has plenty of insecurity to worry about: being a normal civilian instead of being an amazing hero like her husband, not really being able to tell how pretty she looks, the fear of being abandoned, just to name a few.

Her fears came crawling up to her slowly.  It started when she noticed Kirishima coming home late more often.  Naturally being a neurotic person, no amount of reassuring kisses and hugs from her husband would quell her uneasiness, but she decided to trust that she would always up in his arms at the end of the day.

But a day came when she had to go to bed without him.  Her first thought was that he'd gotten severely injured in battle.  She can't bear Kirishima being in a hospital bed letting his life expire, with or without her being there.  Late into the night, she remained still in their bed, thinking of all the worst possible scenarios.  If he was hurt, why haven't they called me yet?!  Where was he?!

She's startled by the sudden opening of the front door, jolting up to sit.  "Kiri?" she called immediately.

"Baby?  You're still awake?"  His familiar voice echoed into their house worriedly.  His footsteps crescendo-ed as he approached their room.

His wife reached out her hand for his comforting touch.  "Where have you been?  Did something happen?'

He didn't just give her a hand, he enveloped her entire body in a hug, rubbing the back of her head lovingly.  "I'm sorry I worried you.  Something was holding me up at work."

"At least call me next time to warn me.  I thought you were dying!"  Her weakly balled up fist shakily hit him in his chest.

While that night resolved itself, a other scattered days in the next few weeks left her going to bed alone.  Although Kirishima would always call that he was going to be late, is wouldn't ease her disappointment.  Even weekends would be stolen away from them as he would be called in to work.

Through all this, she wished she could say she was strong, that she patiently waited and accepted the situation of being married to her top-hero husband Red Riot.  The reality is that she wasn't.  She felt selfish that she wanted her husband to stay home with her when his job, his duty, is to the people of the city.

Slowly, she started sinking into more negative thoughts.  What if he was purposely throwing himself into his work because he didn't want to be around her anymore?  Is he tired of her?  Did he suddenly realize that her being blind was a hindrance on their relationship?  That last one sank her heart.  He'd promised and assured her with his entire heart that her blindness didn't bother him in the least; he was completely willing to bolster her routines if it helped them live better together, and he had.  Perhaps she was becoming a burden on him.

The next thing she knew, one of the midday radio broadcasts brought a different story up.

"Hero Red Riot seems to be getting along quite well with his new sidekick, especially since they've been working on the latest villain case together."

Kirishima's wife didn't want to believe them, after all, it's just tabloid gossip and Kirishima is a loyal husband, and she would completely disregard them in any other circumstance.  But the last few weeks have weakened her inner voice of strength.  It was exhausting to constantly assure herself that everything is okay when there are constant conflicting thoughts in her head.  Amid the consuming darkness of her headspace, hearing even the possibility of her husband cheating was too much for her to take.

She curled up into a ball in the living room and sobbed.  It was mostly guilt eating at her: guilt that she was so possessive of her husband, guilt that she would even for a second believe that he was cheating on her, guilt that she was a hindrance on him.  Guilt that she was born broken like this.

"(Y/n)?"  She barely heard when Kirishima opened the front door and started running towards her.  "Honey!  What's wrong?"

Her throat was too choked up with sobs to respond to him.  When he lovingly gathered her trembling figure into his arms, she only sobbed harder.  

"Baby, why are you crying?  I don't wanna see you like this."  The flustered boy was heartbroken at the sight of his wife broken down.  "Tell me what's bothering you."  He rubs her wet cheeks with his thumbs in an attempt to comfort her.

She calms her breathing finally and clings to his back.  "K-Kiri.  I missed you," she hiccups.

"That's not the only thing is it?" he softens his gaze on her.  "You can tell me anything, talk to me."

His wife feels ashamed to say what's in her heart.  "Kiri, why did you marry someone like me?  I'm only a burden to you, and you could've had anyone else-"

"But I don't want anyone else."  He immediately places his strong hands on her shoulders and holds her face.  "I only want you.  You're my beautiful, gifted wife and there's no one else like you.  And if you for a second think that I was lying when I said I'm willing to take care of you for the rest of your life, then I haven't been a good man to you."

His wife lets out another sob at his words.  "No, don't say-"

He kisses her forehead.  "I'm sorry I haven't been here for you lately.  I promise that as soon as I finish with this case I'll take a whole week off to be with you.  I can't let my precious wife stay lonely, I wouldn't be a manly husband if I did."

"No, baby, you're the best, it's my fault-"

"Nope, I don't wanna hear it," Kirishima silences her with a loving kiss on the nose.  "We're gonna plan the best week just dedicated to you and that's final.  You wanted to go to the museum, right?  I'll do anything you want, no questions."  He bumps his forehead against her and in the sweetest voice says, "Because I love you and everything about you."

Although his wife felt ashamed for having even the slightest negative thought, being in his arms like this, smelling his familiar scent, warming herself in his strong embrace, and letting his words comfort her is still the only thing that can lift any doubts she has.  He will always be her shining light.

I hope you guys liked this little comfort fic, it was just a short thing as I'm still really tired from my trip.  I didn't really sleep well last night and my body is sore all over.  See you in the next one!

~Tiny senpai