Chapter 24

"What did they do?"

Bea was starting to hyperventilate a bit, she remembered everything that those horrible people did to her. "Everything was great when I was little, and then my sister was born. Once she came into the world I was locked in the basement. I never saw the sun until the day they dumped me in a city I had never been to before and left me there. I was so scared. Thankfully they didn't feed me a lot so I could handle being hungry. But it wasn't easy." 

She started sobbing and it was breaking his heart, no wonder she has nightmares. "When my dad came it was raining. I hadn't eaten anything for a week, besides a bagel that I found in the garbage. He told me that he would take me home and feed me. At first, I thought he was just some creeper that wanted to touch me, he wouldn't be the first that tried. But he handed me his phone and told me that I could keep it in case I wanted to call the cops. He bought me food and I fell asleep."

Yoongi couldn't keep up with her tears, they were just pouring, "he brought me home, and then he told me that he wanted to adopt me. I was so happy. He was a great man, he'd let me sleep in his office anytime I had nightmares and he'd read to me, he'd read Harry Potter, until I fell asleep. I miss him so much."

"Sshh, it's okay kitten. You don't have to talk about it anymore." He just held her and rocked her back and forth until she fell asleep. He was really surprised that she told him all of that. She's not exactly the most forthcoming. Maybe he should thank Tae for getting her drunk.

"Is she okay Yoongi? I heard her crying and I'm really sorry for what I did."

Tae looked like he was really upset, "she's okay, I promise. I should thank you for getting her drunk. She actually opened up about her past, I learned a lot tonight."

He nodded and then left, she started whimpering like she was scared. "No please don't do this mommy. I'll be a good girl." Yoongi was starting to get worried, he tried waking her up but she was too deep in the dream.

'My mom was pushing me into the basement. We were happy, I had a great life and then my little sister came home and everything changed. I only saw my mother when she brought me my meals sporadically. She no longer hugged me, she would beat me instead.'

Her shoulders were shaking, but she couldn't leave the nightmare. Yoongi was starting to get worried, so he did the only thing he could think of. He kissed her, her eyes shot open and her pupils were blown but she was awake. "Yoongi," she whispered. Like she wasn't sure it was him.

"Wake up kitten, you were having a nightmare." She didn't say a word she just nodded her head and stared into space, "do you want to talk about it?" She aggressively shook her head no, that's okay she's opened up more than he could ever hope for. "That's fine, lay down kitten. I'll read to you." 

He grabbed his phone and pulled up the reading app, when she said that her dad used to read Harry Potter to her he downloaded the books as soon as she fell asleep. He opened up chapter one. "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."

Yoongi felt her body melt into his, her heart was no longer beating erratically and her breathing was going back to normal. She was asleep before he finished the first chapter. He was glad she told him about this, that he can give her something that her father used to. He wanted to look into his murder, don't get him wrong in his line of business there are a lot of murders. Some are even done by him personally, but why would someone murder a simple businessman?

His good friend has murdered not that long ago, Damon Knight. They had met up with the other bosses one evening, the usual monthly meet-up. They all had beautiful women sitting in their laps and vying for their attention. They annoyed Yoongi so he sent the one in his lap away, Damon did the same. They shot the shit for the next hour or so while the others got their rocks off. 

Jimin and Tae got into a brawl and Jungkook couldn't get a hold of anyone else that they would listen to, Yoongi told Damon that he had to head home to take care of the babies. When he left, Damon was alive. The next morning Hobi told him that Damon had been murdered. That there were no leads, it's not surprising with their line of work. But it still hurt, he was the one that helped Yoongi when he first took over. Their gangs may fight over territory and whatnot, but Damon was always there for him. 

When Yoongi woke up the next morning they were holding each other tight, she grabbed her head and groaned "God, did I drink an entire liquor store?"

It made him laugh, "just about kitten, and later I will punish you for it." She snorted loudly, "come on let's go get one of Jin's famous hangover concoctions."

Yoongi threw some of his clothes on her and then threw some on himself, when they walked into the kitchen Jin was already there making her a drink. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him, "is that for me handsome?"

He chuckled lightly and patted the hands that were wrapped around his waist, "here drink this so you can go to school."

She started pouting, "what is it kitten?"

She sighed so dramatically, "if I keep the hangover can I skip school?"

They knew she hated school, Jk is quick to throw her under the bus about how many times she falls asleep in class. But she's also the top in the school, she's so incredibly smart, she probably is just bored out of her mind. "Drink it kitten and I'll let you stay home today."