Chapter 42

The room hasn't changed at all since she was last in here almost ten years ago, the same dirty mat on the floor with no pillow or blanket. A bucket in the corner for her to do her business in and a nasty, rusty ass sink on the other side.

Bea assessed the damage to her body. She sprained her freaking ankle again and her shoulder is dislocated. Her cheek is tender to touch, she was sure it was bruised but without a mirror, she wouldn't know for sure. She looked at the wood support that stood in the middle of the room, it'll work. She walked over to it and took a deep breath, this is going to hurt, bad. She lined her shoulder up and slammed it, it popped back into place and she almost passed out. 

Bea slid down to the cold concrete floor and just tried to catch her breath and not cry. She won't let them see weakness, she refused. Once Yoongi leaves the hotel, he should be safe. How they even found her, she had no idea. They didn't even live in the same city. 

She wasn't sure how long she was down there, but based on how hungry she was, it was over 24 hours. She had gotten spoiled with her father and the guys, they always wanted her to eat. It was going to take some getting used to, being hungry again. She got up and drank more of the disgusting rusty water, you can survive 3 minutes without air, and three weeks without food, but you won't last more than 3 days without water. So as gross as it is, she'll drink it. Plus having something in her stomach is better than nothing.

Bea heard the locks on the door, someone was coming in here. She scrambled to the stairs, "why am I here?" She screamed. She wasn't expecting an answer, she saw a piece of bread being thrown at her. She grabbed it before it could hit the ground. The door slammed shut and the locks were put back on. "What do you want with me?"

"You'll find out soon."

Yoongi was frazzled, he was barely sleeping or eating. "Yoongi, here you need to eat something."

"I can't Jin, what if she's hungry? It's not fair that I'm safe and she's not."

Jin walked over to sit next to him, he looked like hell. "But if we want to get her back, you'll need your strength."

"Who took her? I don't understand, she was abandoned as a..." Yoongi stood up suddenly, "I'll eat later, I have to see Tae."

Yoongi ran to Tae's room, "have you gone through all the footage yet?"

"Almost, there's just a few more cameras. Why?"

"I need you to look into something for me." Tae nodded his head, "Kitten's real name Beatrice Han Winters, I want to find her family. What if they are the ones that took her?"

"Why would they take her? Didn't they abandon her when she was young?"

Yoongi scrubbed his hand down her face, "it's the only lead I have right now, please?"

"Of course, I want her back as much as you do. I'll look into it and let you know."

Days went by, and they were no closer to finding her.

Bea was pacing back and forth, she was bored as fuck. The only thing that saved her was she could remember every book she'd ever read. So all she had to do was close her eyes and she could basically read a book. But it still wasn't enough for her.

She heard the door and scrambled to the stairs, she was about to charge at the door when the question she asked stopped her. "Give me your rich husband's number."

"Excuse me?"

She looked at her like she really wanted to shoot her, "your husband, he's rich and I want him to pay ransom for you."

Bea scoffed and started to laugh, they wanted money? That's all this was about? "I'm not married, mother, but if you wanted money all you had to do was ask. I'm rich in my own right, I own several very successful businesses as well as several properties."

That seemed to enrage her even more. "How, how did a bastard child like you become rich?"

Why does this woman hate her so much, literally all she ever did was be born. "When you dumped me on the streets as a child, I was found by a very nice, very wealthy man. He adopted me but sadly he passed away, since I'm the sole heir to the Kingdom, it's all mine."

Her eyes lit up, "so how much are you worth?"

It was Bea's turn to sneer, "billions, mother. I'm worth billions." She wasn't going to let her know about Yoongi's money. They have no right to it, not that she has any right to hers either. 

"You will give over all of your money, it's the least you can do."

"Even if I wanted to, I can't. It's not like I have it all in cash just chilling in my mansion. Clearly, you don't know how assets work. I have access to maybe a million in liquid funds, the rest is tied into real estate and.."

"Shut up, stop talking to me like I'm dumb." Well, you are, but whatever. Bea just looked at her with a blank face. "The million, I'll take the million."

Bea scoffed, "hard pass." Then she turned around and walked out of view.

Her mother slammed the door shut, and stormed into the living room. "Did it work?"

She looked at Bianca and growled, "she's worth billions all on her own. Apparently, she was adopted by a very rich man and she's living it up as the sole heir."

Bianca's face lit up, "I could pretend to be her. We look identical, I could go to her bank and get the money out."

"That's a great idea, the only problem is we don't know her adopted name or which bank is even hers."

Bianca scoffed, "leave that to me."

"Tae it's been 3 weeks, you are telling me that you can't find anything on her family?"

"I don't think Winters is her actual last name. There are no records of a Beatrice Han Winters ever being born. Are you sure that's the name she told you?"

Yoongi sighed heavily, "I'm positive."

"Would she have lied about it?"