Thank you Zayn Malik

So, as you all know by now, Zayn has left One Direction. I'm gonna be honest here, I cried my eyes out all day yesterday. I can't even begin to tell you what Zayn has done for me since I let him into my life. I would not be the person I am now without him, and the knowledge that I may never see him again makes me want to start crying.

But despite my broken heart, I am so immensely proud of him for taking care of himself. He has exceeded my expectations and has proven to the world why he is the best role model we could've asked for. It couldn't have been an easy decision to make and he is so brave for doing this.

I promise that I will finish this story. I started writing this at a time when I felt so alone and isolated that I didn't think I'd ever recover from my depression and Zayn was always there to sing me to sleep and keep a smile on my face. He inspired me and gave me the courage to step out of my zone and do something I had always wanted to but was afraid of doing. And here I am, a year and a half later, finally having gained confidence in myself as a writer. And I've met some amazing people through sharing this story.

I owe all of this to Zayn. I owe so much to him and I will be forever grateful to him for what he's done for me and for this fandom. You bunch are the most incredible people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and I love you all so much.

So for myself, for all of you, and for Zayn, I promise you that I will complete this story. It does not end here. We're all in this together guys. Let's all wish Zayn all the happiness he deserves and hope that he enjoys the roller coaster that is life.

Rock on babe. We love you <3