Chapter 28 - T.S.E. Enterprises

"Zayn? What are you doing here?" I asked, angry and confused at the sight of him leaning against my doorframe.

Although he seemed nonchalant, something about his demeanor was different. It was eerie to me that he didn't look a single day older than the last time I saw him, yet he had aged five years and was now nearly twenty-seven.

"So I can't just stop by to see an old friend?" He chuckled. I didn't know what he was getting at, but I wanted him to leave.

"We're not friends Zayn. Now go!" I demanded, pointing out my door.

It was as if my voice meant nothing. He started laughing, a little but at first, but it quickly turned into booming laughter. What frightened me was the fact that it didn't sound like Zayn's laugh at all; it was far more....sinister.

"Oh Ada. You and I both know why I'm here." His voice had now morphed into something completely different. I didn't know who this was standing in front of me, but it wasn't Zayn.

Just then, an evil smile crept it's way across his face, curling up at the ends so it almost touched his ears. I was chilled down to my very core.

"Where's Jack?" he spat as the smile disappeared instantly.

"H-How do you know about him? How do you know his name?" I asked, the fear, a mother's fear, creeping into my voice.

"You thought you could hide him from me?" His volume increased so much that it shook the walls and windows in my house. He took a step forward and I stepped back.

"You're afraid of me?" His voice suddenly changed back to Zayn's, and it sounded pained and distraught, and I fought with myself to believe that it was just a trick.

I turned around to run, but he was faster, and was standing right in front of me in my living room before I could even move an inch.

"Ada. Ada." Hearing my name come from Zayn's voice brought me to the brink of tears.

"Ada. Don't you remember what we had? Don't you remember what I told you when you left? Before you walked out on me forever."

I resisted the urge to let my mind wander back to that day.

"And now, you have a son! Our son." Zayn's voice was once again gone, taken back and replaced by the demonic one.

Something inside me snapped. Hearing this thing claim to be Jack's father had set me off into a rage. I lunged at him, prepared to tear out his jugular, but again he evaded me and simply stepped to the side to watch me land, painfully, on the ground.

"Let's have a look at him. Shall we?" he laughed, before disappearing down the hall.

"No! No! Please don't hurt my baby!" I cried.

"No! No! No!"

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes shot open as the alarm clock's piercing ring sounded through the room. It was still dark outside and nothing met my eyes but the blackness. And my first thought was Jack.

Without even stopping my alarm, I jumped out of my bed and sprinted down the hall to my son's room. I burst through the door and ran to his side. He was asleep. He was okay. And he was as beautiful and angelic as ever.

I knelt down next to his bed and ran my fingers through his hair. He pouted his lips just like Zayn, and he had Zayn's long eyelashes, and I knew that when he opened his eyes, they would be Zayn's. Jack looked like me as well, but not as much as he looked like his father.

For how much he looked like Zayn, I couldn't believe that nobody had even suspected. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful, and incredibly lucky, that no one had figured it out, but I just didn't understand how.