Chapter 6 - Starbucks

I woke up the next morning feeling like I could run up a mountain. Meeting Liam last night had definitely put me in a good mood.

I cheerfully twirled around my room, opening all the curtains and letting the sunlight flood every corner. I danced into my bathroom and started up the shower. The running water did nothing to drown out my singing. I wasn't singing anything in particular, just some random melody with lyrics that I was making up as I went along.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and my hair and bounced to my closet to find something nice to wear for my date. I picked a pair of blue jeans, a white v-neck, my leather jacket, and my knee-high black boots. I decided to go a little lighter on the makeup today and blow-dried my hair so it fell straight down to my hips. I grabbed a black beanie from my closet and skipped downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Morning mom!" I sang as I strode into the kitchen, hopping up on a bar stool.

"Well someone's a little weirdly happy this morning." My mom said, turning around with a fresh cup of coffee.

Shit. I knew that she would ask me why I was all of a sudden a morning person, and I sure as hell didn't want to tell her the reason. If she found out that I had a date, she would demand answers, and I'm a horrible liar so she would end up getting them.

"Just in a good mood." I tried to play it off while I got up to get the cereal from the cabinet.

"Okay Ada. Who is he?" she said, leaning over the counter and eyeing me suspiciously. Double shit.

"Why does it always have to be about a guy? Can't I just be happy?" I tried sounding frustrated and gave an answer that would avoid having to lie.

"I'm not going to pry you for answers honey. I was just curious." That can't be it, that was too easy. "If you met someone, I don't need to know. Although I'd like to know if my daughter is dating a convicted murder or a rapist or something like that."

I knew that was too easy. My mom was always protective, but after Spencer, she became very protective.

"Mom, it's okay. He's just someone I met at the concert last night and we're going out for coffee in a very public place." I assured her.

I knew she still wasn't okay with me dating, but at least she would pretend to be now that I've told her about it.

By the time I finished my cereal and washed my bowl, it was 11:45. I grabbed my keys and scurried out the door, shouting a "Bye mom!" as I closed it behind me.

******************************************

I got to Starbucks at 12:10. I knew I was late and I hoped that Liam hadn't thought I'd blown him off and left. I found a parking spot and hurried my way to the entrance.

When I walked, I let out a sigh of relief to see Liam sitting in one of the lounge chairs, drinking a coffee and writing in a notebook. I walked up to him, feeling slightly embarrassed by my tardiness.

"Hi Liam." I said as I took a seat in the chair across from him.

"Hey Ada." He looked up at me with a sweet smile. I could feel myself blush at the sound of my name coming out of his mouth.

"How are you?" he asked, setting down his notebook and leaning forward in his chair.

"I'm great. How are you?"

"I'm wonderful. What kind of coffee would you like?"

"Hmmm I think I'll go with an iced coffee."

"Okay, be right back." He got up and seemed to glide across the floor.

When he approached the counter, I could see the girl behind the counter turning bright red as she fumbled with her words at the sight of Liam Payne. I chuckled to myself thinking how nervous she was talking to the guy that I was on a date with. I could feel my smile stretching further across my face every time I reminded myself.