Chapter 32 - Stalker

I paced back and forth across my room, staring at my cell phone that was laying on my bed. I was at war with myself. Part of me wanted to make the call, and the other was screaming at me to leave it alone and just continue on with my life.

As a mother, I wanted what was best for me and my son, but lately, I was starting to question my decisions as a parent. I started wondering if not involving Zayn had been the best option.

He was Jack's father, and I never even gave him the chance to see his son. Only god knows how wonderful he would have been.

I finally sat down on the edge of my bed, sinking into the mattress while I stared at my phone, realizing that I had to do it. A much as I didn't want to, I had to make the call.

I picked up my phone and reluctantly dialed the number, my fingers shaking the whole time. My leg shook up and down wildly as I waited for a voice to interrupt the ringing.

"Hello?" The voice broke through finally.

"H-Hey Rose. It's me, A-Ada." I stuttered.

I hadn't talked to Rosie in a least a month. With her being only five months from graduation and me being a full time mom, our schedules kept us from talking as much as we'd like to.

I knew that it wasn't fair for me to call her for the first time in so long under such circumstances, but I had to.

"Ada? What's wrong?" She asked, worried.

"Rose, I-I" I tried, but the words just weren't coming out.

"Honey, what's going on?"

"I-I need a favor. A pretty big one." I finally choked out.

"What is it?" Her voice was still concerned, but now also curious.

"Zayn is coming into town." I said to the point.

"Uh...."

"Does your dad still know a guy who knows a guy?" I asked.

"Ada, are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you haven't had any kind of contact with him in five years." She insisted.

"I know."

"How do you know he'll even want to see you?" She asked.

I knew that she was only trying to protect me, but I didn't need anyone to. I knew what I was doing. Or at least I was hoping that I did.

"I don't." I answered.

"Then why are you doing this?" Her voice raised slightly in volume.

"Because, Rose, he's Jack's father." I said almost in a whisper.

Rosie knew that Zayn was Jack's father. She knew from the first time she saw him, but I never actually told her. I never said it out loud to anyone until Louis.

"You're not going to tell him are you?" Her voice pleaded over the phone.

I answered her question with a quiet sigh.

"Ada! This is crazy! You can't do this! I won't let you! I won't get you those tickets!" She started screaming so loud that I had to hold the phone away from ear.

"Rosie. I'm going with or without your help. So you either make this easy for me and get me the tickets, or I'll find another way." I gave her an ultimatum.

There was a long pause. If I didn't know Rosie as well as I did, I would have thought that she hung up.

Finally, I heard a loud, exasperated sigh on the other end, and smiled triumphantly. It was very rare that I won in an argument with Rosie, so I always saved these moments in my head.

Hidden Beneath Brown Eyes (A Zayn Malik Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara