Chapter 10 - Girlfriend vs. Best Friend

I woke up to the sound of running water emanating from the bathroom. The room was dark, save for the tiny sliver of light that crept out from the crack beneath the bathroom door. I guessed Liam was taking a shower. I shrugged my shoulders, taking note of the curtains that had been drawn, as to not let any light into the room.

What time is it? I thought, because I didn't even know what time it had been when I fell asleep. I didn't even remember falling asleep. I rose from the bed, fumbling around in the pitch dark, and carefully tip-toed over to the curtains. In one move, I flung the curtains back, flooding the room with the blinding white light being given off by the sun through the grey clouds that covered London.

Out the window, I could see that the snow was still falling, I turned from the window to go back to bed and came face to face with my reflection in a floor length mirror that was placed on the wall opposite the window. I looked myself up and down, thinking how awful I looked. I decided that I would take a shower as soon as Liam was done, but in the meantime, I would put on some more comfortable clothes.

I searched around for my suitcase, before finding it stuffed in a back corner in between his desk and the marvelous wooden dresser. It was empty and I stood there stupefied. For some reason, I decided to start checking the drawers of the dresser, thinking that maybe Liam unpacked for me.

The thought was a silly one, until I opened the first drawer and there were my clothes, neatly folded and stacked perfectly. I couldn't help but smile at the fact that my boyfriend was sweet enough to unpack my bags for me.

I sifted through my clothes until I found a pair of black sweats, a white tshirt, and a grey hoodie to wear. Feeling more comfortable and much warmer, I nestled back into bed and grabbed the TV remote off the nightstand.

When Liam emerged from the bathroom, I was flipping fast through the channels, frustrated that I had never heard of any of these shows. I looked over to find him watching me with an amused grin on his face.

"Can't find anything to watch?" he chuckled.

"I don't know any of these shows!" I huffed and switched off the TV.

Liam was freshly wet from the shower. I could see the beads of water that would roll down his perfectly muscular arms and toned chest, and the fact that he was wearing only a small towel around his waist wasn't helping me tame the feeling I was getting in the pit of my stomach.

I tried to be discreet about my staring, but when he caught me, a mischievous grin etched across his face.

"Babe, you don't mind if I get dressed right here, do you?"

I swallowed hard and looked up at his eyes, hungry for me, and spoke up, failing at hiding the slight shake in my voice, "N-no. Not at all."

I knew that he was taunting me and honestly, I wasn't in the mood for it. Sure I wanted him, but I was also still exhausted from the trip and still hadn't taken a shower or even checked to see what time it was.

Quickly shaking off my desires, I stood up started walking towards the bathroom. I paused at the door,

"I'm going to take a shower. I'll only be a few minutes."

"Okay baby." I locked the bathroom door behind me and slowly stripped out of my clothes, folding them neatly on the counter.

This bathroom was about the size of my room. The countertop was smooth marble, cradling a porcelain sink decorated with silver hot and cold knobs. On one side of the room, lay a massive bathtub, which would be better classified as a large jacuzzi. The other side of the room was home to a tall walk in shower with enough space to fit ten people.