Chapter 8 - Jump

I had assumed that the awkwardness between us would fade after having a little time to ourselves, but when we finally met back up in the kitchen, I was proven wrong. When I came into the kitchen, Liam was sitting at the counter, drinking a cup of tea and skimming through the morning paper.

At first, when he didn't look up, I thought that he hadn't noticed me come in, but when I felt how tense the air was, I realized that he was avoiding me as much as I was avoiding him.

I moved around the kitchen in silence, preparing coffee for myself and taking a seat on the other end of the long counter, looking through the breakfast menu that room service provided. I knew that if one of us didn't say something soon, the silence would drive us both insane.

I finally decided to ignore the discomfort and say something:

"So have you eaten breakfast yet?" I asked, making an attempt at smiling.

Liam gave a weak smile and shook his head. "No. I'm not really hungry but you can order whatever you want." He only looked at me for a split second before turning back to the newspaper.

After I had finished my breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon in silence, I decided that this couldn't go on any longer and I had to keep talking this time.

"So what do you want to do today?" I was looking everywhere but at Liam.

"I don't really know my way around this city. I want you to show me around today." He gave me a genuine smile with no hint of the tension that he had previously given off. If he still felt awkward, he was good at hiding it.

I briefly wondered how he had changed moods so quickly, but I didn't care as long as things stayed this way. His smile was infectious and soon enough, I was smiling right along with him.

I spent the day showing him everything in the city. We did some shopping, where he tried spoiling me but I was always taught to be humble and not to accept things that were too grand. We had lunch at my favorite burger place in town, where I made Liam try what he said was "the best burger he's ever eaten".

Around 4:00, we decided to take a walk through the park near my house, the one I went to when I needed to clear my head. I wanted to show him my favorite places in Charleston and this park was at the top of that list. It was strange to think that just a few short months ago I was jogging through this park trying to calm myself after having a dream about Liam's best friend.

"I didn't think I could have this much fun just hanging out with someone." Liam laughed while we walked arm in arm through the snow covered park.

"Neither did I." I smiled large enough for my teeth to slightly show. I gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and partially covered my mouth to hide my just barely crooked teeth.

Just as I opened my mouth to say something else, Liam's phone started ringing. He looked at the screen and gave me an apologetic look as he answered it.

"Hello." We had stopped to sit on a bench while he talked.

"What do you mean?" He sounded slightly agitated. "Zayn." At the sound of that name, I sat straight up and tried to discreetly move closer, my curiosity peaking.

"Can't it wait?" Still I could only hear Liam's side, but by this point he sounded annoyed and was getting increasingly angry.

"Dammit Zayn! Fine! Tell them I'll be there! Bye." He ended the call and angrily shoved the phone in his pocket before bringing his hands to his head and rubbing his temples.

"Liam? What is it? What's happened?" I was searching his face for an answer.

He let out a resigned sigh and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "The label wants me back in London in two days to start recording for the next album." His eyes looked distant.

"I have to leave tomorrow. I'm sorry."

I jumped from his arms, standing up and staring at him in disbelief. "But you just got here!" I said in a raised voice.

"I know, but I can't fight my label."

"Why not? Can't you just tell them to fuck off and that you're on vacation?!" My volume had increased to a full scream.

"No. I can't. I'm leaving tomorrow. Please don't make my last night with you unpleasant Ada. Please." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I couldn't do anything but agree.

We had a small dinner and returned back to the hotel. Unlike the awkward tension from this morning, now the air was filled with angry tension. I had agreed not to make our last night a living hell, but that didn't mean that I wasn't still pissed.

I threw my bag onto the couch in the living room area and stormed into the bathroom in the master bedroom, stripping down and running the bath water. As I sunk into the water up to my nose, I heard a small tapping on the door.

"What?" I had to hold back a snarl.

"Ada. Please don't be mad at me. I had no idea that they wanted to start recording so soon." He sounded sad, but I was too angry to care. I kept absolutely silent.

"Please Ada." Still I didn't say a word. "Fine! If you want to sit in there and stew about this, be my guest!" With that, there was only silence.

When I came out of the bathroom, wrapped in only my towel, Liam was sitting on the edge of the bed. I jumped, startled by his presence.

"Liam?! What are you doing in here?!" He seemed equally mortified.

"I'm-I'm sorry Ada. I thought that you had brought clothes in there with you and that you would change in there." He said while standing from the bed, eyes bulging and seeming as though he was at war with himself whether or not to cover his eyes.

Instead, he took a step towards me, and for some reason, I was turned on. I didn't even want to think about having sex with him. My only experience with sex had been horrible, and I wasn't sure that I was ready to try it again. "L-Liam. G-get out!" I stuttered.

He took another step closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close so that our faces were only inches apart. I wanted to push him away, but my body wouldn't let me. My body wanted this, it needed this.

Our lips met and we kissed with all the desperation we both had been holding in. He lightly sucked on my bottom lip and then moved lower, trailing sweet kisses along my neck and collarbones. He softly sucked on my neck, moving back up and stopping just below my earlobe.

"Come with me to London." he whispered seductively into my ear, nibbling on the sensitive skin.

"Uh-huh." I moaned, grabbing at his brown hair. He untied my towel and it fell to the ground, pooling at my feet.

"Jump." he whispered.

A/N: I know that this chapter was shit, but I didn't really know what to do with it. All I knew was that this was going to be the chapter when Liam got called back to England and he was going to take Ada with him. So excuse this horrible chapter.