Chapter 74 - Waking Up

I woke up feeling slightly dizzy and definitely a little disoriented. Birds were chirping, I could feel the heat of sunshine on my face, and grass was poking into my skin. I suppose I've woken up to worse things before. As I opened my eyes and allowed them to adjust to the bright morning sky, I realized that there was an arm wrapped around me and my head was resting on someone's shouder.

I looked beside me to find Zayn still fast asleep. I thought that it had all been a dream; the argument, his fingers,his declaration of love. I didn't think it bad been real, but waking up in his arms confirmed for me that it was all too real. Apparently we never made it back inside last night, otherwise I'm fairly certain I woud've woken up naked.

Despite the warmth radiating off of Zayn's body and the fact that there was no other place I'd rather be than in his arms, I knew I needed to wake him up. God forbid someone came outside or saw us through the window. We didn't even know what to make of this so attempting to explain it to someone else was out of the question at the moment.

"Zayn. Zayn, wake up," I whispered softly, in stark contrast to the slightly aggressive shaking of his shoulder.

He stirred and mumbled something incoherent, but didn't open his eyes.

"Zayn, you need to wake up." I demanded with more urgency this time.

Finally his eyes started to flutter open and he tightened his grip on me, squeezing me into his chest, "Ada? What time is it?" His voice was deep, gritty, and laced with sleep.

I brushed the hair out of his eyes and gently placed a kiss on his cheek, beyond grateful for the fact that I was finally able to do that, "I don't know. But we need to get up before anyone finds us out here. We never went inside last night."

"I know." he mumbled and closed his eyes again with a grin on his face.

Although I wanted this to last forever, I knew it couldn't. I broke out of his arms and sat up, "I'm not even going to argue with you about that right now. We just need to get up and go inside. Hopefully nobody else is awake yet."

I was starting to feel a little bit of stress at this point and was kind of pissed at his blatant lack of concern. I waited for him to answer me, but was met with only a sigh from him and that same grin on his face he'd been wearing since he woke up.

"Ada, I can guarantee that my mom's seen us already. She's an early riser." he was being way too nonchalant about this.

Panic quickly started to set in as did the realization that this is the second time that this man and I have cheated with each other. Only this time, I didn't feel guilty when it came to my partner.

"Do you think she'll tell Paola?" I asked nervously.

Finally I saw a change in his demeanor. His grin fell from his lips, his eyebrows creased, and he sat up and looked me directly in the eye, "Of course not."

He took a deep breath and let his head fall into his hands. I hadn't seen him look so troubled since I found him again.

"But I'm going to have to." he added, sadness and dread in his voice.

Suddenly, I felt insecurity that I hadn't felt in years, and a guilt that was sure to tear me apart if I let it.

"Do you regret this?" The words spilled out involuntarily.

Zayn immediatly looked up. His gaze was serious and looked almost like he couldn't believe that I'd ask such a question. But none of this did anything to ease my worries.

He took my hands in his, rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles, and looked deeper into my eyes than he had in years, "Not a single bit." He sounded confident and so sure of himself.