Chapter 11 - I Love You Too

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME SLIGHTLY SEXUAL CONTENT!

I knotted my fingers together in my lap and bit my bottom lip, trying my best not to turn my eyes in Liam's direction. I had agreed to try being civil with Zayn, but that didn't mean that I was okay with it, and Liam knew that. His mouth was pressed in a hard line and his grip on the steering wheel firm as we drove silently to the studio for the guy's first recording session for the new album.

Although I was wearing a heavy winter coat, my teeth still chattered while my body shook from the freezing air that I still wasn't used to.

"Babe, are you okay?" Liam's heavy voice was like a knife cutting through the silence and I whipped my head around to face him, my arms clutching each other.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. J-just gotta get used to this c-cold." I managed to say without stuttering too much.

He nodded, accepting my answer without a sound, as it was obvious that he felt as awkward around me as I did him.

We pulled up to the studio and I noticed four other cars already parked outside. My breath hitched at the thought that Zayn was in there and that I would be forced to spend an entire day with him.

As we walked towards the building, Liam took hold of my hand and squeezed it tightly. I looked up at him to see a small smile playing on his lips and soon I felt the same smile appearing on mine. For the first time since yesterday afternoon, I felt comfortable with Liam.

We walked inside and I was immediately surrounded by an environment that was at least 30 degrees warmer than outside. Liam slipped my coat off of my shoulders and hung it on a rack next to the door, along with his. There was a door opposite us which I assumed led to the booth.

I stepped forward to open the door but I felt a hand grab mine before I could. Liam pulled me back and into a very tight hug. His smell was so comforting, and the feeling of his arms around my body made me feel unbelievably safe. He didn't say a word, although I felt that he wanted to, and released me from his arms.

When I opened the door, I felt four pairs of eyes on me, one of which I was all too familiar with. I never liked being the center of attention, so naturally I became nervous and insecure. It must have been obvious that I was uncomfortable because a voice broke the awkward silence, offering some comforting words.

"I'm sorry if we made you feel uncomfortable. We didn't mean to stare. You're just very pretty." I looked up to see Louis finishing the sentence and was greeted by smiles from him as well as Harry and Niall.

Zayn sat motionless, eyes on me, in the corner of the room on a leather couch.

"Hi Ada. Nice to meet you. I mean we already met but uh...I guess this is your formal introduction as Liam's new girlfriend." Harry said, walking up to me and giving me a hug.

"Nice to meet you too Harry." My voice was soft, but I was feeling a little more confident.

"Well now we know that Liam actually likes girls." Louis joked as he walked up to me. "Hi love, I'm Louis." He gave me a hug and I awkwardly waved at the same time offering up a louder "Hi" than I had given Harry.

Niall, who looked like he was about to burst with excitement or anticipation or something, grabbed me into a hug and picked me up off the ground, spinning me around wildly.

"It's about time he got a new girl!" I could finally feel myself relax as I giggled and said

"Hi Niall." I turned around to look at Liam, who had a satisfied smile plastered across his face.

"So I'm guessing Zayn introduced himself at the airport yesterday then?" Louis asked. At the mention of Zayn's name, Liam's smile instantly became a frown and my entire body tensed up again. I slowly and nervously turned around, feeling my face turning red as I recalled the time I spent with Zayn the day before.