Chapter 7 - First Time In Four Months

After the initial shock of my relationship with Liam wore off, Rosie was very supportive and eventually just got used to the idea, although I don't know if she'll be so "used to it" the next time we see him.

Our relationship had been growing at a steady pace. I was surprised at how quickly I had fallen for Liam Payne, especially since we had only been on one real date.

After he left Charleston, Liam and I kept in touch like we promised. As much as I wanted to go fast, I decided that it would be safer and smarter to take things slow.

I started out telling him that we could text each other everyday, but that was it. Then when I got comfortable enough with that, I let him start calling me on the phone everyday. Finally, it got to the point where I just wanted to see his face and we started talking on Skype everyday. He never missed a call, no matter how busy his schedule was.

Things were okay most of the time, but occasionally, the media would start arguments between us. There were times when I thought that I couldn't do this because of all the media attention surrounding Liam.

Every week there was something new about him on the internet or in the tabloids. I would see articles about him meeting up with his ex girlfriend, or inviting fans to his hotel room, and with each rumor I would break just a little more.

I knew that this was not healthy for building a relationship, but I really wanted things to work with him because I really liked him and knew that he was entitled to a normal relationship as much as I was. If I left him because of all the media attention, I was proving right away that I wasn't right for him, but I wanted so desperately to be the one for him.

We had discussed making our relationship "official", but we decided against it upon my insistence that I stay out of the public eye. I'm so introverted that I would absolutely break if my life were to be laid out under a microscope like that.

After four months of touring, all while we talked via phone and Skype, the tour was finally over. Liam told me that he would be going back home for a week or two to spend some time with his family, and then he would come back to Charleston to see me. I was eager to see him again after spending so long apart. I knew that his family hadn't seen him for even longer, but I was selfish. All I wanted was for Liam to come back to Charleston and be with me.

During the week that he was in Wolverhampton, we talked less than we ever had while he was on tour. I guess it was because he was trying to see so many people and do so much before he left again.

On the last day that he spent with his family, we didn't talk at all. It was the first time in the entire four months that he'd been gone, that we didn't talk. I honestly didn't mind as much as I thought I would, mostly because I knew that I would see him the next day.

When I woke up on the day of Liam's arrival, I was out of bed, showered and dressed, and eating breakfast within 30 minutes. Over the last four months, I had told my parents about my relationship with Liam, a little bit at a time. It took me until a month ago to finally tell them who he is, and when they found out, they weren't pleased.

I immediately regretted telling them when they gave me an hour long lecture on why it was a bad idea to date a celebrity. I also regret waiting so long to tell them because their anger about it still hasn't blown over yet and I'm terrified of what their reactions will be when they meet him. I told them that he was coming today, although I had been afraid to, and they weren't happy.

"Ada, when is that boy getting here?" My dad put extra growling emphasis on the word "boy".

I drew in a long breath and let out an irritated sigh. "One dad, he's twenty. He's not a boy. Two, I'm going to the airport now to get him. And three, could you at least pretend to be excited about this? Ya know, for me?" My dad just snapped his newspaper and waved me out the door. I knew my parents didn't like this, but I really hoped that they had more class than to be rude to Liam when he showed up.