Chapter 12 - Scrambled Eggs

The next morning, I awoke to find myself alone in bed. When I didn't hear the shower running, I figured Liam was downstairs having breakfast. Taking a few moments to fully wake up, I drank in the sunlight that cascaded into the room through the curtain-less window and smiled to myself upon recalling the previous night's events.

When I felt that I was completely awake, I draped the blanket around my naked body and started for the kitchen. My stomach grumbled fiercely as I quietly tip-toed down the hallway. The house was eerily quiet. Either Liam wasn't here, or something was wrong.

I walked into the kitchen to discover that it was empty. Liam hadn't said that he would be going anywhere, so naturally, I started to panic. I decided that my stomach could wait and that I would search the house to see if he was just in another room or maybe outside in the gardens.

As I turned to walk away, the blanket covering me caught on a chair and fell in a pile behind me, leaving me naked in the middle of the room. I felt the cold air surround my body and I ran to pick up the blanket. It wasn't until I turned around to retrieve it, that I realized someone else was there; Zayn.

"Oh my god! Zayn what are you doing here?!"

He stood there, gaping at my nakedness, hardly pretending to look away.

"I...uhhhh."

"Stop looking you pervert! Turn around!"

He immediately obeyed and faced his body away from me.

"Uhm...uhhh..." He must have thought that I didn't notice when he tried looking over his shoulder at me as I scrambled to wrap the blanket back around me.

"Liam said he left you a note. I thought you knew I was here." The shock was still evident in his voice.

"I never saw any note. Why are you here anyway?" I snapped.

"I figured I'd take you out for coffee or something so we could talk. Liam had an appointment this morning but he said he'd leave a note for you. I thought you would have gotten it by now, considering it's one in the afternoon."

He sounded confused and slightly annoyed as he turned around cautiously. I decided to calm my tone because I didn't want to piss him off. I mean it wasn't his fault that Liam didn't leave a note like he said he would.

"Oh. I didn't realize I slept so late. Sorry. But I didn't see any note. If you could give me a few minutes, I'll be ready quick."

We both stood there awkwardly for a few seconds. Not wanting to leave each other's presence, but not wanting to look at each other either. The fact that Zayn had just seen me naked made me very uncomfortable and I felt so vulnerable and exposed.

"Well...uhm...I'm gonna-I'm gonna go get ready." I said, pointing upstairs and making sure to keep my eyes away from him.

"Y-Yeah. I'll just....wait here." he said, with an equal amount of tension in his voice.

I sprinted towards the stairs. My brain had finally decided on wanting to get away from Zayn, so I took my leave quickly and jumped up the stairs, never looking back.

****************************************************

Twenty minutes later, I was walking out the front door behind Zayn. I was twisting my fingers around inside my pockets as we walked to his car. I didn't know what it was about him that always made me so nervous, but whenever I was around him, my anxiety levels seemed to shoot up.

He walked over to the passengers side, which surprised me, and opened the door motioning for me to get in, which surprised me even more. I didn't think that a jerk like him could be so chivalrous.