Important Author's Note

So I just wanted to talk to you guys for a bit and apologize for taking so long to update. I'll warn you, I'm gonna get real serious here for a minute. I'm sorry, because I don't mean to be away for so long and it kills me because I love writing for you guys and reading your comments and I couldn't be more thankful for the fact that anyone is even reading this book. When I started writing it almost two years ago, I expected maybe 100 reads total, and that was even stretching it, but this story has reached almost 20k and I want to cry every time I see it. And all of your comments remind me every time why I even posted this story in the first place; to connect with people.

All of you are so amazing and so wonderful and you have given me the biggest confidence boost by reading this story. You've done the most incredible thing for me because your support has strengthened me as a writer and strengthened my confidence in my abilities. But, life happens. I work, I pay bills, I somehow manage to have a social life, and sometimes writing just gets pushed to the side. I don't get a lot of time to myself, and unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who can write while a thousand things are going on around me. I have a very hard time focusing, making it amazing that I've managed to write a book at all. So when I write a chapter, I close myself up in my room with the lights off and turn on sounds of the rain. But I rarely get to do that anymore.

I'm still dead set on finishing this story, but I don't know when it will really get done. I can't say for sure because my life doesn't allow for a steady update schedule at the moment. And I don't want to get anyone's heart going (meaning my own) but I plan to eventually send this story out for publishing. But that's when I completely finish it (as in go back and revise it after I finish the first draft which is the one I've been posting here).

I can assure you that Zayn and Ada still have a long way to go and I'm constantly thinking about this story and writing out different plot twists and such in my mind and I have notes written down all over the place and I'm writing whenever I get the chance. (Psst! I have half of the next chapter written and it's very Jack, Ada, and Zayn based!)

I just hope that you guys can bare with me and that you still are interested in reading this story despite how much I neglect it sometimes. I would just rather take two months to put out an amazing chapter, than rush myself and stress over it to put out a mediocre chapter every couple weeks or so. You guys deserve the best of my abilities, so that's what I'm going to give you and I hope you understand.

So, now that we're passed all the seriousness, I'm gonna tell you a quick story about me and my boyfriend because I've had a few people ask about it. Well, we met when we were 16, during our junior year in high school. He was the new kid and all I kept hearing my friends talk about was "the hot new kid". I had just gotten out of a bad relationship so when I met him I didn't think much about it. Honestly, I didn't even remember his name. He ended up dating a couple of my friends, and one of them was a close friend of mine that he was with for that entire school year.

Well, it was a few months into the school year when I even realized that he was in one of my classes. He ended up moving seats with his friends and ended up sitting right behind me. One day he overheard me talking about my love for Metallica and we just bonded over that and became friends. And I would talk to him in my history class about music, and my current crush and everything. I never thought of him as more than a friend until close to the end of the school year.

I was having a horrible day and it was obvious by the fact that I had no makeup on, hadn't bothered to put my contacts in so I was wearing my glasses, my hair was a mess, and I was wearing a tshirt and sweatpants. Nobody, not even my best friend had asked if I was okay, but then guess who did? He was the only one, and I fell for him right then and there. It was weird, and I avoided him for awhile at first. But eventually I just couldn't avoid him anymore, but I couldn't say anything cause he was dating my friend.

I only told one of my friends about my feelings for him because I knew she wouldn't tell his girlfriend. For the rest of the school year, she was urging me to tell him because his girlfriend treated him like crap and she thought I needed to save him from his horrible relationship. She was sure that he liked me back. Well, he and his girlfriend broke up, and my friend told me to take that opportunity. So on the last day of school, I reluctantly ran him down after class and was determined to tell him. I was walking with him and right as I was about to tell him, he walked up to his ex and hugged her and kissed her. My heart shattered and bottom line is...I didn't tell him.

So, fast forward three years. We were both 19. He was in college and I was working full time. I had come home from being in Italy (because I moved there at the beginning of my senior year when I was 17). And I had just ended a two year relationship. He and I had talked a few times since I moved, and he was actually the only one of my friends who talked to me while I was in Italy, but about four months after my breakup, he asked me to hangout. I hadn't seen him since high school and I was kind of apprehensive, but I went along with it.

He came and picked me up and we went out for dinner and just had a great time catching up. I had forgotten how much I liked talking to him and how easy it was. I realized shortly after seeing him the first time that I still felt the same way about him that I did in high school. So over the next 7 months, we hung out every once in awhile, and I was at war with myself. I didn't want to fall for him again, but it was funny because the longer I stayed away from him, the stronger the feelings got.

Finally, in April, he met my family for the first time. He was so nervous, but they loved him. And that night, to my surprise and relief, he admitted to how he felt about me. After three years, we're finally together, and I can honestly say that it was worth the wait. He is the best person I've ever known and this situation gives me hope that really anything can work out, given the time.

My birthday was a few days ago (I'm 20 now! Woohoo! Party!) and he did the sweetest thing. He pulled me into my room, had me sit down and close my eyes, and started singing Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. He said he spent weeks memorizing the song so he could sing it to me. And at the end, he set an enevelope in my lap, and when I opened it.....floor seats to the Ed Sheeran concert in my area a few months from now! We're in the 16th row on the floor so we are like really close and I'm excited.

I'm sorry if I shared too much with you guys, but I had a few people ask and I just thought that maybe it'd be a happy little story to tell, and I smile whenever I tell it. So, just remember that just because something doesn't happen when you want it to, doesnt mean it won't ever happen. So keep the faith guys.

I started writing the next chapter today so I'm hoping to post it soon! I can't wait to hear from you guys because I miss all of you! And I miss Zada! I need to get back in touch with my babies because the separation anxiety is killing me! So, thank you guys for reading and for being such a huge part of my life! I love each and every one of you so much and I'm so lucky to know people like you!

Until the next update my loves....<3