Chapter 24 - Betrayal

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT!

"Oh. My. God. That's it. It's over. My life is over. I might as well just find a nice little cave to hide in for the rest of my life." I said, as I stared at the computer screen with my fingers to my forehead.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure nobody will even care." Liam came to my side and rested his hands on my shoulders, rubbing his fingers in circles in an effort to sooth my tensed muscles. But his words only angered me more and I whipped around, smacking his hands away from me, and then turned back to the computer just as fast.

"Nobody will care?! Nobody will care?! Are you insane?! You know damn well that all of your fans are going to fucking care!"

My eyes were engulfed in flames, and I felt like throwing the nearest object directly at Liam's head, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from that goddamned screen long enough.

"My face is on the cover of every major magazine in the world! It's on every news station! And this time, you can actually tell it's me! For fucks sake Liam, they know my name!"

Liam didn't respond, he only sighed and seating himself in a chair on the opposite side of the room. I'm glad that he finally understood to keep his distance. Comfort was the last thing that I wanted. I just wanted to vent and rage.

"One Direction's Liam Payne spotted in London with new girlfriend. Boybander causes an uproar on a London tour bus when seen out and about with new lover. The identity of Liam Payne's new girlfriend - get the official story here. Local teenager at the center of rumors surrounding an alleged relationship with One Direction singer!"

With each headline, my voice grew more and more aggressive. The last one was from my hometown, and I was fuming at the thought of going back home only to be bombarded by paparazzi and girls I went to high school with all of a sudden wanting to be my best friend.

Normally, I was a very logical, rational, analytical person - but at that moment, it was all emotion. I tossed the laptop off of my lap, nearly sending it over the she of the bed to its doom, and jumped up, making a mad dash for the door.

"Ada! Ada where are you going?!" I could hear Liam screaming at me from behind and his heavy footsteps following me down the hall, but I kept going without saying a word.

My legs carried me down the stairs and out the front door, into the freezing night. I didn't even have the proper clothes on. I was in sweatpants, a hoodie, and fuzzy slippers, but I couldn't care less.

It was snowing again, and the wind was howling like a wolf to the full moon, but none of that was of concern to me. I didn't feel cold at all. I didn't feel anything. The only thing I cared about was keeping forward and not looking back.

I stormed down the road for I don't even know how long. The sound of my feet stomping on the pavement was loud and the puffs of breath escaping my breath highly visible.

I was scared. I was absolutely terrified. I didn't know who I was anymore. I was breaking down. I wasn't the person that I was when I left home. I was afraid to look in the mirror because I was afraid I who I'd see looking back at me. It certainly wouldn't be me.

I was used to analyzing things, over analyzing every little detail, listing off the pros and cons in my head, imagining every possible outcome - not storming out of Liam's house in the middle of the night into the cold, wearing nothing but my pajamas.

This wasn't like me at all and I was afraid that I was losing control. My biggest fear has always been falling so far down that I can't pull myself back up, and I was so afraid that that was happening.