Chapter 9 - The President's Daughter

I stood at the airport, my packed bags next to me on the floor, and my best friend and family gathered around me and Liam. When he had asked me to come to London with him, I agreed. And at first I was excited, but as the next day drew on and it got closer to our 7:00PM departure, I started getting really scared.

Telling my family hadn't been easy. My parents and I got into an all out screaming match and Robby had started crying and begging me not to go. Eventually they reluctantly agreed to let me go after I explained that it would only be a few weeks, a month at the most.

Telling Rosie was easier. She was stunned at first but quickly started gushing about London, since she has been there a few times. After that, the only thing left to do was pack. I packed almost the entire contents of my closet into a large suitcase and a spare outfit, my toiletries, my iPod, and a few snacks into my backpack that I would carry on.

We stood at the gate, about to leave my family and best friend. I was fighting back tears, seeing as this was the first time that I would be so far away from home and my family. I hugged my parents one at a time.

"Be careful and have fun baby. I love you." my mom choked as she gave me the tightest hug of my life.

"I'll come home safe mom. I love you too." I choked out as well.

Turning to my dad, he pulled me into his arms. "Have an adventure. I love you Princess Ada." Hearing him call me by the nickname he gave me after seeing "A Bug's Life" and finding out that one of the main characters had the same name as me, broke me into tears.

"I love you daddy." I strained through tears.

Robby ran to me and hugged me by my waist. "Ride a red bus for me Ada." he said, looking up at me with his swollen little blue eyes.

"I promise buddy." I ruffled his hair up, which he quickly fixed and stuck his tongue out at me.

Finally, Rosie pulled me into her, already sobbing.

"Have the time of your life babe."

"I'll tell you all about it when I get home."

When I stepped away from Rosie, Liam took my hand, pulling me towards the gate.

"Take care of our daughter." My dad gave a stern warning to Liam, which he nodded to as we walked to the gate.

Before we disappeared through the doors, I turned around and waved one last time before the doors shut and I couldn't see them anymore.

I burst into uncontrollable sobs as Liam held me and carefully pulled me toward security. We went through and were sitting by the entrance to the plane, waiting for them to call first class to board. I leaned my head against Liam's shoulder, eyes red and puffy from the tears I'd shed. He ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my head, comforting me as best he could.

When they called for us to board, we walked to the desk. The woman standing at the desk checked our passports, glaring at Liam all the while. She must have known who he was.

We sat in our seats and settled in for our 9 hour flight across the ocean.

"Are you going to be okay love?" he asked, taking my hand and brushing my knuckles with his thumb.

"Yes." I nodded.

They went through all the safety procedures, telling us what to do in case of a "water landing". It terrified me since I was afraid of flying, but Liam kept my hand in his.

The plane started down the runway and I was pushed back in my seat as I felt the wheels leave the ground. I looked out the window and saw the lights of Charleston below, disappearing as we ascended into the clouds. I felt the tears trickling down my face and turned to Liam, burying my face in the crook of his neck to muffle my cries.