Mentor pov part 1

It's the day of the reaping for finnick odair having to watch the capitol send two more tributes into the arena. He was standing onstage in the back waiting for the escort that he didn't even bother learning the name of to pick the kids who he would train.
They did the regular traditions and during this she pick the two names. " Shelby margret and Conner handbauer," she announced. Two teens walked up to the stage confidently. Finnick thought this could be good or just pathetic. As they told her about them he found out they were 17.
A few hours later he learned they were good with traps and a knife. They barely had a chance. Conner said," can we watch the Reapings I want to get a view on our targets."

Finnick nodded and turned on the Tv as mags walked into the room. They sat down in the living room themed car and watched. As they watched mags and finnick made notes on the tributes as they watched. They got to district five as they watched you could see the terror on the outlying district kids faces. Then the escort announced,"Kate Deathwing."

They finally saw a small girl with striking orange hair curled into herself walk up to the stage. They saw the tears streaming down her face. mags and finnick shared a look of pity for the young girl. Hannah said confidently," ha, she's probably going to be the easiest kill in the arena." She laughed loudly until she saw the disaproving look from mags while finnick stayed emotionless. He watched the girl carefully there was something about her, he couldn't tell if she was actually crying or if was a act. He couldn't tell the diffrence.

About a minute later a boy named,"Logan Mikaelson," was called to the stage. He was young and tried to look confident but was failing. That was the end of the reaping, the group retired to there rooms for the night waiting to be in the capitol the next morning.

They got to the capitol and brought there tributes to the dress up area where they would get ready for the tribute parade. After the district 4 tributes were ready they walked down to there chariots. Soon the door opened and in walked district 5 female, Kate. She looked scared but when she got to her chariot her mentors and district partner they didn't even look at her. Mags looked disgusted by the mentors and signed to finnick," Thats disgusting shes 12 and they completely disregard her like shes the air that's around them." Finnick could tell she was angry.

They announced for the tributes to get on the chariot, finnick turned to them and said," Stand brave and tall don't let them see anything other than confidence if your going to join the careers they cant see any weakness got it?" They nodded in unison. At the end they saw the 3 from 5 walking away and Kate trying to catch up as she had a little trouble getting off the tall chariot. Finnick and mags saw this and saw a lot of the outer district victors even haymitch look at the girl in pity. None of them thought she was going to make it out alive.

It was the end of the first day of training when the district four tributes sat at the table with there mentors. Mags signed to finnick," can you ask them for me what the other tributes were like during training?" He smiled at her and nodded. He turned to the tributes and said," So what were the other tributes doing today?" Conner replied," Careers were weapon training and so was the boy form 5 he was actually decent." Shelby then added," The the rest were doing the survival stations but the little girl from 5 didn't even show up oh well its not like it would help her at all." Shelby shrugged her shoulders carelessly.

It was the night of the private assessment and scores were up.