Time for the arena

The next morning Kate scolded herself for being so week in front of Finnick.
Kate quickly got up and ready knowing that it was the day she would go back into the arena.
She had Breakfast and went to her tube area after she got off the plane.
She was surprised to see Snow in the room.
He walked up to her and pulled the girl into his arms. She would be lying if she said that she hadn't loved and cared about him a little. But she couldn't just forgive and forget what he had done.
" Be safe my dear, you are like another daughter to me. Be the walking death I know you can be."
She nodded and hugged him back. She backed away when the tube came down and sent him a small smirk,"Katherine Snow always win. Kate Deathwing always wins. I'm both Father I always win."
She stepped into he tube and Snow walked out.

The tube started to rise. The sun was blinding but her eyes adjusted quickly.
She saw it was the cornucopia surrounded by water while she stranded on a metal plate. On the outside she saw a beach surround by jungle. At that moment she was so happy that Connor had taught her how to swim. She looked around for Peeta and Katniss. She was Katniss was disoriented. Kate shook out of it and focused.
The gong went off and she dived head first. She swam as fast as she could to the stone walk ways. She climbed up at the same time as the guy from 10. He went straight at her trying to knock her into the water. Kate dodged and shoved him in the  water from behind. She scrambled to run on the slippery wet stone pathway. She slipped but managed to get her footing. She got to the cornucopia and grabbed a belt of knifes and started moving around the small island. The male from district 9 jumped out and charged her. She quickly threw a knife his ankle. She grabbed one of the lighter swords and stabbed him. She continued around until she saw Katniss pointing a bow at finnick. Katniss lowered her bow. Finnick nodded his head towards her.

Kate's eyes narrowed until she got the ok from Katniss. She turned to her left and saw the guy from 10 again. She was about to throw a knife at him but then a trident enter the guys chest killing him.

Finnick turned to the two girls,"Don't trust 1 and 2. Ill take this side you two hold them off. Ill go find Peeta." He hurried around out of sight. Katniss and Kate went to look for bags but there was nothing but weapons. Kate was sad to see there wasn't a Katana. She grabbed a few more belts of knives and the light weight sword, It wasn't the same but it would do.

Katniss fired at someone on the stone walk way. Finnick came around and said," Katniss mags found him, over here." The two girls quickly hurried over  to mags. They saw Peeta fighting against another tribute. Kate couldn't tell who. All of a sudden they both went under. Finnick jumped in. The cannon went off as a body floated to the surface. The group started running to the jungle.
Katherine just behind Katniss. The group finally slowed down for a break to catch their breaths. The group sat and Peeta said," God it's hot. We got to find fresh water."

Everyone sat for a minute to take in their surroundings, Kate had a bad feeling.
That's when they heard the cannons going off. She looked at her fellow tributes and saw a smirk on Finnick's face, Kates eyes narrowed wondering what he was thinking.

"Guess we're not holding hands anymore," he chuckled as he said this. Kate rolled here eyes, but couldn't help the small smile growing on her face. As much as she hated to admit it. She understood where he was coming from. Sure it was screwed up, but out here in the arena it's survival of the fittest.
She then heard Katniss say angry," You think this is funny?"

"Every time that cannon goes off it's music to my ears, i don't Care about any of them."

Kate watches Carefully as Katniss pulls out the machete from her quiver.
" Good to hear."

Finnick tilted his head and said," Wanna face the Career pack alone. What would Haymitch say?"

Katniss quickly snapped back," Haymitch isn't here."
Kate and Peeta shared a look at each other knowing if they didn't intervene things could get ugly. Kate got up, walked over to Katniss. She reached her hand down and grabbed the machete out of her hand before Katniss could react. She secured it in her friends quiver and said," if we're going to get out of here alive or at least one of us we cant be fighting each other."

The two were about to say something,but Peeta said," Let's keep moving."
Katniss and Finnick stared at each. Kate paused for a second thinking they we going to fight again. Nothing happened and they followed the her Peeta silently.

As they moved through the Jungle Peeta was cutting away vines and branches. Kate was close behind holding some of the vines out of the way for Finnick and Mags.

As Kate was holding the vines away she saw Katniss pause as realization flooded the girls face. She was about to ask if something was wrong. She watched as Katniss yelled," Peeta NO!!!"