Training sessions and intresting coversations. And a interview.

The group of victors and Caspian sat in a room waiting for their turn to get scores. No one really cared as the scores were more towards targeting.
Some were chatting, others sat in silence and then their was Caspian. He sat their looking at those around him glaring as if they were beneath him. The few victors who notice glared right back.
Katherine was trying not to laugh. Finnick noticed and raised an eyebrow at her and she just waved him off.

Caspian was the first to go in and Katherine next.
She walked into the room with the confidence that only Katherine Snow could show and a smirk.
She showed of her survival skills and how quickly she could move with a couple daggers.
She looked up to her uncle Plutarch and saw he looked proud. They may have not have been blood related but she still saw him as family. She nodded and headed towards the exit and went to her floor.
She felt tense after the days events and had a bad feeling but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She changed into a swim suit and headed down to the pool. Swimming helped her relax and reminded her of Connor her brother and best friend. Over the years she stayed in contact with his grandmother and siblings, they treated her like family.

She was so absorbed into her thoughts that she didn't hear a certain blonde enter the room.
"Seems like I'm not the only one who needs some time to let loose."
Kate jumped out of her thoughts and turned on the facade.
Once she got her breathing back to normal, she sent him a playful glare. He saw this and just chuckled.
She shook her head in slight annoyance and made her way to him.
She sat next to him and said," What's up?"
He turned his head to look at her and said," Not much just a short swim, but now that you're here maybe I can uncover a few secrets."
He wiggled his eyebrows. Katherine just laughed at his antics.
She smirked and said,"Good luck with that. There's only three people who know my biggest secret and your not one of them."
" Is it that your protecting Katniss from your father?"
Katherines eyes narrowed slightly but she kept of the facade and chuckled.
" What makes you think that hmm. The mockingjay is just a means to an end. For example the uprisings will stop."
" Now we both know that you don't really mean that dont we. I mean I did see you give Katniss that emergency phone last year Katherine. Not to mention your little breakdown afterwards."
Her eyes widened.
She shook it off quickly and put her walls up higher than ever. She chuckled coldly and it sent a chill through him.
" Don't try to get into stuff you don't understand. You know nothing, everything I have ever done had a reason behind it. So don't act like I'm going to spill out what's going on in my head to the likes of you. Because trust me when I say you don't want to know." She said this with venom and anger in her voice. It was colder than Ice.
Katherine got up to walk away when Finnick grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. She glared at him and he tried not to flinch.
" You hide behind a mask Katherine why? What did he do to you that made you think you have to be just like him?"
" I'm nothing like him and I never will be."
" Then why?" He whispered as if he feared  the answer he would hear.
She didn't know what happened. But all of a sudden all her walls just collapsed as she sunk down to the floor crying. Everything she's done over the last 6 years the pain, the guilt and the secrets were crashing over her.

She was sobbing when  she felt two muscular arms around her holding her close. The spent the next hour like that and then talked for another hour afterwards. They were closer than ever.

Two days earlier.
All the victors had met on the rooftop of the training center. Haymitch stood beside Plutarch.
They explained the plan to the group so they would know what to do in the games.
"Their is one more important thing we have to add. The presidents daughter, we can use her with Katniss. She's a idol in the capitol and Katniss won't do anything without her." Haymitch said with a serious face.

"What does my niece have to do with this?" Plutarch asked.
"She's the mockingjays best friend."
Plutarch was shocked at this. The rest of the victors looked confused as they thought Plutarch was the lead."

"This is why she wanted to add the capitol section to the games," he mumbled to himself but everyone heard.

Finnick then asked," what do you mean? She wanted to go into the games willingly?" The group could hear the bit of distress in his voice but didn't comment.

Plutarch told them what Kate had said during his meeting with snow.

Johanna said," what did mark and Edith do to her."

Beetee cleared his throat and said," I don't know, but there's something about her. It just seems off."
Everyone couldn't help but nod in agreement.

Plutarch then said," I'm going to find out what I can on that, you guys get some sleep the games are about to begin."

The night of interviews.

Kate was the second up for interviews after Caspian.
Caspian went up into the stage in a white suit. As he approached he shook Cesars hand and took a seat.
" So Caspian how well do you think you will do in these games against the best of the best?"

" I dont think it will be a problem, I have the brains and Braun to take the crown in the end." Kate rolled her eyes at his over grown ego.
The two talked on staged until the buzzer.
Next up was Katherine.
With her facade she walked up onto the stage. Cold as Ice.
" Katherine dear great to see you again. So it's been a while since we last saw you, how have you been?"
"You know Cesar I've been good, me and my little sister had a vacation to southern capitol area and it was fun. But I do have to say that me being a tribute was a huge shocker this year."

" Oh I believe it. But I have to know, are you as confident as Caspian on winning these games."

" Oh gosh no Cesar. The victors here tonight have been in and won these games, I barely have any experience in this field of things. Send me into a room of Politicians, I'm your girl. Sent me in for hand to hand combat, you better hope you didn't bet any money on me winning."
The crowd chuckled along with a few victors backstage.

"What's the scariest thing that you thing will happen in this games?"
" I have to say for me personally that, Me during and leaving my little sister and father alone after being together all these years is what terrifies me the most."

They talked until the buzzer went off.
She stood on stage and listened to the other victors try to shut down the games.
What she thought was ridiculous was finnicks little message, but little did she know that it was for her.

When Johannah came on stage Kate had to hide her laughs because she could totally relate to her rant. What she didn't notice was that Johannah saw her and smirked.
She payed attention to Katniss's interview but she had never been more shocked until Peeta said," If...If it weren't for the baby."

She saw straight through Peeta's lie and smirked.