The past

His body fell to the ground and Connor looked at Kate who was smirking dangerously at him.

"Katie, of course, you were the one behind this why am not surprised, I should have known, you were always one for dramatics," Connor said with a smirk of his own.

"Well, Connor the game would be boring if there was no... Dramatic flare wouldn't you say," Kate said.

"Still dramatic as the day I met you, little sister," Connor said.

"You do know we've not actually related you idiot," Kate said with a raised eyebrow.

He chuckled," oh, shut it, your basically my little sister whether you like it or not."

She smiled at him and said as she hugged him," I missed you, big brother."
They walked to a nearby cave and slept while having the snake's guard.

Kate went to sleep remembering how she and Connor met.

Past time...

Kate was 9 and just lost her father. She was too young to work and nobody noticed her. She had no food and was starving like the poorer part of her district. She snuck out to the fence, it was on. She learned a few things from her father. She went to the control box and rewired a small area of fence that she could crawl under. From there she went into the woods and started gathering food.

In district 4,14-year-old Connor was swimming in the ocean before dinner. He swam a bit too far and was carried off by the current. It splashed him many different ways until he was finally dragged up to the shore by the water. He laid there weak and coughing the water out of his lungs.

Kate was walking on the sand at the edge of the forest and saw Connor. She quickly hid behind a tree in fear of being turned into the peacekeepers. She was too slow and didn't hide enough. Connor turned and saw wisps of orange hair in the wind and said," you can come out I'm not going to hurt you." Kate felt that she could trust him for some reason and slowly moved out from behind the tree. They introduced themselves to each other and they started meeting at that spot every Thursday at the same time being the sibling each of them never had.