The meeting

Kate and the peacekeepers had just arrived at the capitol. Kate felt nothing no anger, sadness, or despair, and most importantly no remorse for the lives she had taken. She sat on the plane in silence not knowing what would await her in the capitol. There was a knock on her door and in came a peacekeeper.

"Ms.Deathwing President Snow wishes to speak with you," the peacekeeper said sternly.

Kate nodded, she had expected this after his generous sponsorships in the games. She silently stood up and quickly hid her emotions as she followed him out of the room. As they exited the aircraft she saw him. President Snow with a nasty smirk on his face. She wished she could have wiped it off his face then and there but she had to play her cards right. She walked out calmly and up to him.

"Ah miss Deathwing I see you made it back in one peace," President snow said.

She chuckle lightly and put a small innocent smile on her face and said," I believe I have you to thank for that Mr. President."

He smiled at her lightly. She could see himself in her and knew he had picked right.

The temperature dropped and the tension grew as he said," yes but that is not why I am here today."

She tilted her head to the side and said," I know that face you want to make a deal don't you?"

"You are smart my dear, very smart. Here is my proposal to you. I need someone who is talented and has... experience. You my dear fit the bill. The districts need to be kept under control."
" I could be persuaded to help but I have a few conditions of my own," Kate said with a small smirk.

He raised an eyebrow intrigued," And what would those be."
" I don't want my face plastered everywhere like the other victors. I want peace and quiet, far away from the districts," she said trying to draw him in so she can enact her plan. " I want to disappear off the face of the earth you could say. I completely agree with controlling the districts, my district didn't even give a damn about me. I want them to pay. They probably would have never noticed me if it weren't for me winning."

He was surprised to say the least but proud that he could get what he wanted.

He smirked and said," Miss Deathwing I see a lot of myself in you. I also think your conditions can be met."
"How would you plan to go about that sir?" Kate asked.

" We fake your death live at the interview, everyone will think you are dead. As for not living in the districts, I think you will fit perfectly with my family and I. In four years after puberty and a few minor changes to your appearance such as your hair. At 16 announce you as my long-lost daughter. And in that time I give you people to get rid of. You will get on splendidly with my granddaughter. So Miss Deathwing do you accept?" Snow asked with a raised eyebrow.