The Reaping

Kate, Plutarch, Snow and the game makers were all together in a conference room talking about how to get rid of the Mockingjay. Kate sat there silently trying to come up with a way to help her friend when Plutarch spoke up.

" Sir, it's a quarter quell what if we had the victors fight each other, we get rid of a lot of problems and show the districts that even the strong can't defeat the capital."

Snow sat and thought for a minute. He looked over to Kate and said," Katherine my dear what are your thoughts on this?"

Kate put on her predatory smile and said," It's a wonderful idea but I would like to add a little something to it."
Plutarch hated that the girl he saw as his niece was exactly like her father or possibly much worse. He vowed when this was over, he was going to fix her and get rid of Snow's control little did he know it was just an act.

Plutarch said," Such as?"

" We add a 2-tribute capital section, I don't believe that the victors could do it. We do a Capital section and I go in and take care of the problem."

Snow's smile turned venomous but then faltered," No, you could get hurt or killed i will not lose you and Celestia can't lose you either we can find another way."

Kate's eyes narrowed and she glared as she said," Are you doubting me? I can take care of the problem better than anyone else."
The people in the room were confused except the two arguing.

" Fine, Plutarch get everything in order." Snow said.

" Oh, and also put Edith and Mark from district 5 in I have a bone to pick with them." Kate said.

Two weeks later the reaping for district 12 took place and the victors were sitting on the train after being reaped. They started watching the reaping for the capital. Peeta and Haymitch didn't really care not seeing them as a threat, but Katniss insisted.

The three victors watched as the rows were lined up. Katniss was looking for her friend in the crowds on the screen.

Thats when the escort came on stage and did the usual speech.

Kate zoned out not paying attention since she had done this before, then she finally heard," Katherine Snow."

Kate put on her Katherine facade and let the memories of herself in the games flow through her mind and put on a predatory smile with confidence while strutting up to the stage. People gasped at the sound of her name being called since she was at the top of the food chain.

" And the male tribute is Caspian Whitlock."
She had met the guy a few times and to say she disliked him was an understatement, she hated him. He was cocky and arrogant with no charm whatsoever. He smirked and walked up the stage.

Katniss watched in shock and then the boys heard a whimper from her. Peeta knew they had met but not that they were close friends or anything. Haymitch wasn't as confused after he heard the two girls' conversation in the hall. He knew he had to talk to Plutarch about getting the president's daughter out to if they wanted the mocking jay at full power.

After the whimper she mumbled," no, no, no I can't lose anyone else." With that Katniss ran out of the room.

At the capital during dinner

Haymitch started pouring himself a drink while saying," I want you two to forget everything you think you know about the games, last year was child's play. And this year you're dealing with all experienced killers."

Peeta than glanced at Katniss before turning back to Haymitch and said," Alright, what's that mean for us?"
"Well, that means that you're going to have to have some allies."
"OK, I think that if we-," He was cut off by Haymitch who put his hand up to stop him.

" You're not the problem," Haymitch said as he pointed his finger up and down over Katniss's head.

" Fine but I'll only take Katherine that's it," Katniss stated.

" She's the presidents daughter-" Haymitch was cut off by Katniss.

" Then no one," you could see the annoyance on her face.
"Look your starting at a disadvantage, most of these people have been friends for years," Haymitch said trying to stress the importance of allies as he sat down at the table.

Katniss gave him a look that told him her decision was final and said," That just puts us higher on their kill list."
" Do it your own way but I know these people, you go in alone their first move is going to be to hunt you down. Both of you."
Peeta faced her and tried to reason with her and said," Katniss come on."

She sighed and said," how can any of us even trust each other?"
"It's not about trust, it's about staying alive."

They went to the couch to discuss the tributes.
Haymitch started," Cashmere and Gloss, brother and sister, district 1. Back to back games, capital favorites, lots of sponsors. They will be lethal."
He switched the screen.
" The other half of the career pack is Enobaria and Brutus."
" What's with her teeth?" Katniss asked making a face.
"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out."
Peeta then commented," she's committed ill give her that."
"Wires and Beetee, not fighters, but brilliant. And Weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his games by electrocuting 6 tributes at once."
Then he did the morphine's and told them their not lethal.
"Finnick Odair right?" Katniss asked.
"Yes. He won his games at 14. Youngest ever. Extremely humble."
" Your kidding?"
" Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock a total preened. But he's the capital darling. They love him here. Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat. Especially in water. "
Haymitch explained weaknesses.
( Annie is like a sister in this.)

He switched the screen and on came Caspian.
"I did some research on him, not lethal whatsoever. He's been in a few school fights but lost every single one."
He switched to Katherine Snow.
"I don't see what could be usefull from her. Katniss seem to be friends with her what does she have that can help you two in the arena."
" She's smart, you know when we were being chased by the mutts the only reason I knew what to do is because she told me about what stations to go to last year. There was a hidden station that was pretty hard to find it taught me everything about the animals and mutts in the arena. The trainer Kane he said he hasn't had a tribute work with him since Kate Deathwing and that's apparently the only station she worked at during her training."
He nodded and Katniss knew this was the acceptance from him to have Katherine join as a allie but she wouldn't allow Caspian on the team.