Districts part 2

They arrived at district 5 Kates nerves started to get to her seeing the place she had once called home before it ruined her. She did the regular tour of the place but as soon as it was done she didn't linger. On her way back she saw Mark and Edith the mentors who ignored her and didn't help whatsoever. She ducked down and quickly moved to the train, she didn't want any confrontation with them.

When she arrived at the train she felt that she could finally breathe without feeling that she was being suffocated. About an hour later Snowflake and President Snow arrived at the train. They continued their journey. The rest of the districts were the same as the rest. About a week after district 5 they arrived at district 12 early in the morning. Kate got out of bed and walked to her closet. She pulled at a knee-length white no sleeve dress. She got dressed and walked out of her room to the dining car to get some breakfast.

When she arrived President Snow sat there drinking his tea and talking to Snowflake. Kate quickly walked in and took her place at the table. 

"Kate dear you look lovely," he said as she sent a small smile in return.

" Now that we are all here, we are going to stay in district 12 for a week since me and the mayor have many things to discuss regarding the district. I have some ground rules for you girls. But most of these are for you Celestia since Kate is a victor and I know she won't get hurt. Celestia, you are either to stay with Kate or with peacekeepers. Rule number 2 they have a black market you are not to go anywhere near there the peacekeepers know where it is. Do you understand?"

The two girls nodded. The train suddenly stopped meaning that they have arrived. They climbed out of the train and split ways from Snow. The two girls walked and did the regular tour. When they arrived at what the peacekeepers called the seam they were appalled by the living conditions of the people. They were hoping that maybe this was what Snow was talking about for discussing matters for the district. When they looked around and the peacekeepers looked at them to see their reactions, they quickly covered the disgusted looks on their faces with emotionless masks.

As they walked through people looked at them and just stared. They kept walking through and they saw a young girl maybe around the same age as Celestia. The radiated innocence with her blonde hair. She was standing with a woman who Kate assumed was her mother, but there was definitely something wrong with her. She stood there looking into blank space not showing emotion and staring into blank space. They kept walking, Kate couldn't help but wonder if the girl was being taken care of. She made a mental note to walk by tomorrow. 

It was the next day Kate went back to the seam walked by the house but they weren't there. She decided she would walk by later, she thought to herself that she would bring this to the attention of President Snow. He himself wouldn't care but if Kate asked he would. Kate continued to walk around. The sadness lurking around kept reminding her of her own past when she was a poor starving little girl. She couldn't handle it, it was too much so she started walking so she could get away when she saw a small meadow with tall grass and flowers. She saw the fence but as she got closer she saw that some of the fences had been pushed up high enough for someone to crawl through. 

She looked around and saw a sign that said that the fence was always active. She didn't believe it, so she grabbed a flower and threw it at the fence. Nothing happened, she knew it was safe otherwise the flower would have turned to ash. She looked around and made sure no one was watching her and crawled under knowing this was the perfect escape from the sadness around her. she just walked and enjoyed the sunlight on her pale skin. She stopped for a second when she heard a twig snap. Her instincts jumped up in her ready to take down anyone trying to harm her.

When she turned around she saw nothing. She looked around again and assumed it was just an animal until she saw a wisp of brown hair and a snare she had learned from the knot trainer from her games. She knew the people out here were just doing what they had to do to survive, she had been in their position before and didn't want to scare them off.

Kate said out loud for who was there to hear," You can come out now I'm not going to hurt you. I won't tell if you don't." Tentatively she saw a tall guy around her age maybe a year or two older, but he wasn't the only one. From behind another tree, she saw a girl about the same age with a brown leather jacket and hair put in a side braid. 

They were all silent for a minute until the tall guy manned up and said," Why wouldn't you tell on us considering you are the president's daughter."

She raised an eyebrow at his directness and replied calmly," because you've done nothing to me and technically I'm not supposed to be out here either."

The brunette girl tried to keep a state face but then she chuckled. 

"Oh calm down gale, how would she know that we were out here if she wasn't herself she would get herself in trouble." The brunette said.

The guy Gale huffed. The brunette walked up to her and put her hand out for the blonde to shake as she said," I'm Katniss and that's Gale."

"Katherine but you can call me Kate," none of the teenagers knew why they trusted each other so easily when none of them trust anyone easily. Over the next week, they got to know each other and trust each other. They were like best friends. During the week Kate got to meet some of the peacekeepers there that Katniss and Gale trusted. Her favorite was probably Darius with his funny remarks, especially the ones pointed at Katniss. ( If you haven't read the books Darius is one of the peace keepers that hangs out at greasy saes soup set up and he's not in the movies.)

Since Darius had grown a liking to the girl he offered if she wanted to stay in contact to send him letters for himself, Katniss, and gale.

With that, the girl left. When they got back to the capital they threw a party, the same as every other. She never really enjoyed the parties so she would hang out with Snowflake until they were over. During this one, she told Snowflake about what had happened in district 12 and to not tell snow.

Snowflake looked at her and said quietly," Katherine I want to get out of here I'm done pretending, grandfather is hurting so many people."

Kate looked at her and said," Snowflake we will get out of here we just have to wait for the perfect moment to strike."
" yes but when will be the perfect moment?"

" Soon Snowflake Soon."