The districts

District 1

They were sitting on the train waiting to arrive at their first destination. After a few hours they arrived at the district 1 train station. They stepped out, Snowflake was holding tightly onto kate's hand.

Kate looked down at her with a smile on her face. The announcement was not the only reason as to why they had to come to the districts. Snow had told the girls on the train that he had business matters to attend to that he would leave them with some peacekeepers to watch over the girls while he was gone.

They were escorted to the main building, they wanted to see what the district had to see so that's what they did. After exploring for some time they were escorted to the training building to who could be the possible tributes for the upcoming games this year. Having everyone see the announcement, when she walked in about half of them gawked at her while others turned into their career stone-cold killing faces for hope for an early sponsor if they were chosen.

They looked around as one of the highly skilled trainers for the careers showed some of their most promising tributes. As they approached the archer range they saw a blonde with semi-wavy hair struggling to use her bow correctly and hit the bullseye. Another trainer loomed over her yelling at her.

After a while when no one was looking and Celestia was talking to one of the girls there in her age group, she walked up to the struggling girl and said kindly which was really out of place for her as she usually was cold and mean," spread your feet apart, widen your arm stance and lift the bow a little higher that should get the bullseye."
The girl looked at her shocked but still tried and it hit the center of the target. She smiled brightly and looked at kate as she wasn't expecting the president's daughter to help her out.

The girl put her hand out and said," Hi I'm glimmer." Kate replied," Katherine."
They started talking and kate was enjoying it until she realized that girl loved talking about herself along with a lot of bragging. Kate quickly grew annoyed at the blonde-headed girl. Kate didn't want to be rude so when the peacekeepers called her over she was very grateful for the intervention.

They got onto the train and continued their journey through the districts. District two she felt was horrible considering that most of the students were just like the careers in her games. She kept getting flashbacks but continued to push them away until they left. She felt that district 3 was interesting and there she met a victor of about 75 and they talked for hours about technology and how she found it interesting.

They continued their journey to district 4, she couldn't tell if she dreaded it or was excited. This was Connor's home. But she dreaded it because of that also because she would see his family that consisted of his grandmother, and his younger sister and brother.

They stepped out people cheered but some looked at her with dirty looks because they believed she was actually a Snow understandably but only if they knew. They did the tour about halfway kate wandered off because she wanted to find Connor's family and give them money that could help. She knew they wouldn't recognize her but it didn't make her any less nervous. She walked up to the address that she had looked up in the database and knocked. 

Short Connors grandma POV

Nora heard a light knock on her front door. She had just finished up cooking the last of the fish in the food storage for her grandbabies. She walked to the door and when she opened it she was shocked. She saw the one girl that had been there for her older grandson all those years ago.

"Hi I'm loo-," The girl started before she was cut off.

"It's you."
Kate pov

"It's you," The older lady said in a shocked voice.

"Kate Deathwing."
Now it was kate's turn to be shocked, she was starting to regret coming there but she quickly masked her look and said, "Sorry you must have me confused wit-."
" No no, my dear, I never forget a face especially the one that was there with my grandson through it all."
Nora started crying and went to hug the girl. Kate silently wrapped her arms around the lady who she realized was Nora as Connor talked about her a lot during their talks. Nora invited Kate into the kitchen. Kate followed her and she saw a little boy who she assumed was Drake and the little girl she assumed was melissa. They looked at her and knew who she was immediately. they jumped off their chairs and ran and hugged her. 

"Your Kate, Connor told us a lot about you," Melissa said.

They talked for hours and Kate promised herself she would protect them for Connor and she felt as if she was their big sister. before she left she gave them the money that would support them for life and left to continue their journey.