The plan

The hour was up the three victors were quiet still hearing the screams of their loved ones.

Katniss rocking back and forth. Finnick sitting in silence.

Kate sitting flipping her dagger in the air. The victors rushed to help the two other victors while she sat in silence cursing her father and Heavensbee out in her head.

Kate was zoned out until she heard Johannah yell," Hey how does that sound Snow? What if we.. what if we set your backyard on fire? You know you can't put everybody in here!"

The newest victors looked at her like she was insane. Johannah simply shrugged and said,"What he can't hurt me, there's nothing left that I love anymore."

Kate was silent as the group moved back to the beach. She watched as Finnick went and sat in the water quietly. Kate couldn't stand the silence anymore.

She got up off the sand and started walking on the beach ignoring the eyes that followed her with every step on the sand.

Thoughts were going through her head a million miles a minute, but the ones that caught her attention were about Finnick.

Why she thought of all people it had to be him. The cocky arrogant playboy, but she knew it wasn't true as it was her father who forced it. Her mind told her to think of the persona that everyone knew him as, but her heart told her otherwise.

Just let him in and to stop pushing people away while building her walls taller. She shook her head to herself. If being on her own, winning the hunger games at 12 and becoming the presidents daughter taught her anything it was to not trust anyone. The only thought making the decision so difficult was that she had grown close to him and got to know him. It made her think of that night but the pool. One of the only times she broke down over the years.

She looked back at the group who was each doing their own things, she turned her head and looked at Finnick and saw still sitting in the water.

After a few minutes of hesitating she decided that she would clear the air and fix things.... If she could.

She walked over quietly and sat down beside him. It was silent until Kate said," I would ask how your doing, but it's the games so no one's really doing well I guess."

Finnick knew she was beating around the bush and said," So this is what you've been hiding, the big secret that we haven't talked about." He chuckled.

Kate sighed and nodded.
"Go ahead and hate me if you want, but I don't regret it for a single second."

He turned to her and looked at her calculating.
" You know as much as I want to judge you I can't. After the games you do what you have to do and considering what I do I have no room to judge."

He scooted closer and wrapped his arm around her. He decided to tease her a bit and see if he could get a feel about how she felt for him.

He leaned in and whispered into her ear,"So have I seduced the Legendary Death or at least charmed her."

She chuckled and turned to face him, there faces close and almost touching.
"As much as I hate to admit it your growing on me." She shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"So what your really saying is that your falling head over heals for me hmm."

He couldn't take it anymore, being so close to her and not kissing her. He took a leap of faith and move forward their lips colliding. Kate froze for a fraction of a second and then she pushed herself forward. After they had run out of air they pulled back breathing heavily, but not regretting it for one second.

The two sat there with smiles on their faces. His arm around her shoulders.

"Finnick! Kate!" The two heard Johannah call.

They climbed to their feet and walked over to the group.

They talked about the plan and how it would get rid of their leftover enemy's. The group split up.

Katniss started walking away and Kate quickly followed after her.

"Katniss." Kate said.

"Kate." Katniss said.

It was an awkward silence until Katniss asked,"Was any of it real?"

The question driving her crazy. If Kate said no then it would be easier to kill her and save Peeta even if she didn't want to.
As much as she hated to admit it she hoped that her best friend was still in their, the one who always had her back.

"Katniss it was all real. As much as I hate to admit it your a weakness, but I wouldn't trade you and Gale my two best friends for anything.

Katniss could see she was sincere and smiled. She wrapped her arms around the girl and hugged her.

Kate hugged her back relieved. Katniss pulled back and said,"Kate we're planning on leaving during the plan. We don't want to be the ones who shoot first."

"Kat this is going to work, but Beetee needs all of us."

"I know, but it's the safest."

In the control room.
Snow was angry but hopeful.
Heavensbee called him in after he watched Finnick Odair kiss his niece. The two didn't know if it was real or if it was a way to benefit her in the end game to become the victor.

Heavensbee hoped it was real as it could be a huge help to the revolution. He also trusted Finnick and wasn't sure if his trusted companion could handle if his darling niece was just using him.