The end of the hunger games.

Kate watched as the games went on through Rues death. After Rues death she listened to everything around her but what shocked her the most was the news about the uprisings. Every time she heard her father and the head peacekeepers expressing their annoyance for what was happening, she just smirked internally thinking that they may stand a fighting chance.

She was taking a stroll around the busier parts of the city and saw Haymitch talking to Seneca.

"- give them something to root for." Haymitch said.

" Young love."
She knew where this was going, and that Katniss would be against it but she saw this was the only option, so she didn't intervene.

She went back to the living room to watch and that's when she heard the announcement. She had to warn Katniss that this was a set up. Her father would never allow for two to escape the arena with their lives. But it was too risky she could have Snow know what she was doing.

Over the next day she watched as Katniss found Peeta. Peeta freak out over Luna which she found hilarious. She was surprised her father hadn't figured out the snake was her Luna.

The next she watched as Katniss left the cave with Luna right behind her. When the packages came, Fox face ran out with her pack. Katniss ran for it and was attacked by Clove. Kate started getting nervous, out the corner of the screen she saw that grass was moving in a line she knew Luna was on the move to help her friend out of her situation. The girls were rolling around when Luna bit Clove, but clove picked her up and threw her. Kate gasped and worried that Luna was hurt.

Luna's venom wasn't enough to do much more than weaken her Katniss almost had her, but clove still ended on top. After minutes of struggling and taunting Thresh came and killed her.

The next day Kate sat numb watching, hoping that her friend was going to come out of this alive. She didn't show any indication that she was really paying attention until the mutts were chasing Katniss and Peeta through the forest.

She hated sitting there watching, knowing she couldn't do anything to help her friend. The pair climbed onto the cornucopia, mutts trying to eat Peeta's leg. Cato came out of nowhere and grabbed Peeta. The three wrestled a bit until he had Katniss hanging of the structure. While it finally ended with Petta in a head lock.

It all happened so fast, Cato with an arrow in his hand being knocked off the Cornucopia and the District 12 being the last ones standing. Kate and Snowflake sat in silence waiting for the verdict knowing something was off.

That's when they heard," Attention, attention tributes there's been a slight, rule change. The previous revision allowing for two victors from the same district has been... revoked. Only one victor may be crowned good luck, and may the odds be every in your favor. Her friend and her partner were standing in the field on the screen in shock, but they weren't the only ones. When she heard Peeta give up his life for Katniss she knew her friend wouldn't do it.

Katniss was always rebellious and that's one of the reasons they got on so well. Kate had zoned out for a bit until she heard Snowflake gasp. She quickly looked at the screen and saw the night lock in Katniss's hand. ' No, no, no, no, no.' Kate thought eyes wide hoping Katniss wouldn't do what kat e thought she was doing.

To say she was relieved when they allowed for the two victors to leave the arena was understatement. Kate saw the announcement of their win, but it didn't ease the tension and sense of dread growing her stomach for what was to come.

The doors were slammed open by her father in his rage as he came out of the office. The two girls sat quietly, snowflake inching closer to Kate knowing not to aggravate him more.

Kate looked at Snowflake and said," It's begun."