The arrival and a little inside help

Kate watched as the trains arrived from the different districts. She finally saw the district 12 train pull up and saw Peeta standing in the window waving at people but not Katniss.

Later she got ready in her iconic white dress( which is shown above.) She heard from a peacekeeper that the tributes were coming out in their costumes. She made her way down no one questioned her as she was the president's daughter.

She opened the doors dramatically with a smirk on her face. All the tributes were down there. As she strutted in some of the tributes gawked, smirked, and nervous. As she took a quick glance around she saw that the carriers were already together. She looked further down the line and saw katniss with a small smile on her face. She was going to wink at her but she didn't want to put a big target on her back so she just gave her a knowing look which the girl understood.

"Katherine get over here, Katherine," she heard the voice of the blonde she couldn't stand. She put on her facade and turned towards glimmer. She strutted over to glimmer the rest of the carriers were shocked thinking that glimmer was just some blonde bimbo. But they were surprised when they saw Katherine Snow walk over. As Katherine got over there Glimmer rushed to pull the girl into a hug. Katherine smiled brightly while feeling the complete opposite.

"Glimmer it's been way too long and you haven't written me." Kate fake pouted.

"I'm sorry I've been so focused on my training and been working with that bow technique you showed me," Glimmer said.

The carriers were shocked but not as much as marvel as he noticed the improvement from glimmer over the last few months.

"No problem." Kate turned to the rest to include them in the conversation so she didn't have to listen to glimmer's voice much longer.

" So what do you guys think your odds are for this year's games?" she asked acting interested.

They smirked feeling that they could get a huge sponsorship from the daughter of the president.

Cato said cockily," the odds are very high this year, but as long as we have enough sponsors we should win again."

She nodded and they continue the conversation, Kate said she would sponsor gladly but she lied. She finished with the carriers and walked down the pathway, she saw the small girl from 11 quivering where she stood and was clearly trying to stay strong. Kate walked up to them and crouched down to the girl's level and put her hand out," Hi I'm Katherine what's your name."

" Rue."
"Don't be so scared munchkin, you can totally win this, a 12 year has won in the past you just have to have confidence and be smart and I think I can see the gears turning in your head little missy," kate said the end gently teasingly. Rue giggled and thanked her and kate walked by district 12 to head to the doors that led to the lift for where her father was, but not before sneaking katniss a note to meet her and that she would have someone come get her.

Kate continued to where her father is. It started and the chariots rode out, she just glanced at them till she saw katniss on fire. She smirked to herself knowing that they had made an impression. She chuckled as she saw how uncomfortable katniss was when Peeta grabbed her hand.

She watched as her father stood up from his seat and listened as he thanked the districts for their sacrifice and watched as the chariots rode off. She followed her father to their offices, During the first part of the hunger games until there sent in they have a luxurious apartment for them to stay in.

Hours later.

Katniss view

They were eating dinner and there was a knock on their penthouses door. Everyone was confused not expecting anyone except Katniss. Effie opened the door and there stood a tall man with dark skin in a suit.

Effie said," Kane wonderful of you to swing by but if you don't mind me asking why have you come by did the president need something

Effie said," Kane wonderful of you to swing by but if you don't mind me asking why have you come by did the president need something."
He chuckled at her and looked at Katniss from across the room and said," one of the snows have requested your company, Ms.Everdeen."

Katniss looked to Haymitch he nodded for her to go knowing that they didn't have a choice in the matter.

Katniss got up and followed him to an elevator and followed him down a hallway into an office. Kane left.

Kates view

"Well well well miss Everdeen you have caused quite some chaos wouldn't you agree?" Kate said dramatically while slowly turning around in her spinning chair with a smirk. Both the girls tried to keep straight faces but they couldn't and burst out laughing.

Katniss took a seat in front of the desk.

"Katniss I missed you so much and just know that I will help you any way that I can ok you will get back to prim no matter what got it?" Kate said.

"But if I don't mak-" Katniss started.

" No there's no buts you are going to make it no excuses."
"But if I don't kate promise you will protect prim please."
" With my last breath always."

Kate looked at her and continued.

"But that's not going to happen so let's get down to business."
Kate opened her top right drawer and pulled out a piece of paper.

" This is all the stations that you are going to get it these will help you the best. Also, I know that I'm not supposed to tell you this but the arena is a forest this year. You have an advantage use it."

Katniss looked at her confused and said," Kate how do you know this so well, how do you know this is wha-. "

"Katniss no questions I just need you to trust me please I not going to lose another person I care about to an arena."

Kate didn't notice her slip up but katniss did and said," what do you mean another person kate."
" Just please do this for me Katniss," Kate looked at her pleading.

Katniss caved and nodded. Kate looked at the clock.

"Shit."

"What?"

" We have to get you to your floor quickly before the cameras come on."

Kane walked in escorted katniss back to her floor.