74th Hunger games

It has been a few months since Kate had been to district 12. She, Katniss, and Gale are closer than ever especially since send their letters back and forth from Darius.

It was the day of the reaping Kate was nervous that one or both of the few people she learned to care about would be sent into the arena like she was as a 12-year-old. As she sat down with Celestia and Snow on the Couch in her living room to watch the reaping. Her nerves were starting to get to her but she didn't let it show.

After a few minutes, the reapings have started. She took note of a few, such as who would be a threat and who could use help. Or if one of her friends were reaped she could help.

District 1- Marvel a tall lean with lots of upper body strength.

                     Glimmer the blonde she helped but couldn't stand. She cursed herself for helping her.

District 2- Cato is a large boy with too many muscles for her liking.

                    Clove a small lean girl who look viscous kate knew she was one to watch out for.

District 3--10 nothing worth mentioning she thought.

District 11 Thresh she felt worried his muscle mass could compete, Cato, a career. But she also felt pride because maybe they could have a chance at not having a carrier district win.

                      Rue, Kate felt terrible that this happened because she was in her shoes before.

Now for the moment, she had been waiting anxiously for she sat and watched the reaping for district 12.

She watched as the children and teenagers poured into the town square.

She didn't see either Katniss or Gale in the crowd on the screen. She knew her two friends had to take the terrasse which made her anxiety so much worse.

The reaping began and she watched as the town officials exited out of the justice building and took their seats. A few minutes later the escort for district 12 came on stage in front of the microphone and said excitedly," welcome, welcome, welcome. Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor."
She paused and abruptly said," Now before we begin we have a very special film brought to you all the way from the capital!"

They played the stupid video that Kate despised.

The escort continued and got started on who would go into the arena.

"Now the time has come for us to select one courageous young man and woman, for the honor of representing District 12 in the 74th annual hunger games. As usual ladies first."

The woman reached her arm into the glass and dug her hand to the bottom. She finally grabbed one and cleared her throat and said, "Primrose Everdeen."

Kate sat there shocked knowing that was Katniss's little sister but didn't let the emotion show as Snow didn't know of what happened in district 12. She wanted to keep it that way.

She couldn't imagine what katniss felt. She saw the girl walk into the aisle as the escort encouraged her to come on stage.

That's when she saw katniss come out of the crowd yelling, "Prim, Prim.NO, NO."

Katniss advanced as the peacekeepers grabbed her holding the older girl back. Kate felt she knew what was to come next knowing her friend would protect her sister at any cost.

She then heard the words that she dreaded," I volunteer, I volunteer, I volunteer as tribute." Katniss said this as she shoved off the peacekeepers. Kate raised an eyebrow to not seem suspicious as Snow looked at her. She looked back and made eye contact she knew this could be a problem for Snow.

She turned back to the screen as katniss walked up to the stage as she saw Gale grabbing prim and walking away with her while she screamed, she could only hope that Gale wasn't picked next.

Katniss said her name when asked. But what shocked her was when everyone put 3 fingers to their lips and put them in the air, Kate hid her smirk. Then the escort went to get the name of the boy to go into the arena.

She announces," Peeta mellark."

A blonde boy walked up to the stage after the shock of being chosen wore off.

She watched as the two shook hands, and watched as they were escorted to the train.

"This is going to be a interesting game this year," she heard Snow drawled out.

Kate nodded in agreement and said," yes, yes it is."
Kate vowed at that moment that she would help Katniss get out alive at every chance she could get.