Father and answers

Kate backed up dagger at the ready. When it landed peacekeepers came out followed by her father.
She didn't sigh in relief knowing that this was going to end horribly.

"Kate come darling I want you checked over," Snow said worry clear in his voice as he waved her forward.

She had no choice so she walked.
She had minor injuries nothing to major.

She hated him though she would never say it out loud.
The little bit of love she felt died after the screams of her best friends last moments hit her ears.

She sat in silence putting on the Katherine facade to the fullest.

Minutes later Peeta, Enobaria and Johannah were brought in by peace keepers and treated.

Her father stood and watched. She approached him from behind and said," what are we going to do with them?"

"Use them to get to miss Everdeen but it would seem that you and I need to have a talk about your .... Boyfriend."

He raised an unimpressed eyebrow at his daughter.
She turned to him and replied,"I was using him, he wouldn't of trusted me otherwise. Him and Johannah here were to close for there own good, so I decided to use him to my advantage and as you saw it was somewhat useful keeping everyone in line so we have our current advantage."

He nodded in agreement. He still had his doubts but he would let it go for now.

With Katniss

She groaned as she woke up. As she looked around Beetee was beside her.
She pulled out her IV and saw a box of medical supplies and grabbed a syringe. She hid it and walked to the door and hear voices.

The door opened and she looked in shock at everyone. She moved forward to attack Haymitch when he grabbed her by her wrists and pushed her against the wall.

She then realized Finnick was there,"what are you doing with them?"

Haymitch ignored her and said,"you and a syringe against the capitol. You see this is why no one let's you make the plans." He pulled the syringe out of her grasped.

She ignored Haymitch and looked at Finnick and said," what the hell are you doing in here? What about Kate?"

He gave a heavy breath and said," Just, just stop and listen."

Haymitch intervened,"We couldn't tell you with Snow watching along with Katherine or Kate, whatever the hell her name is. It was to risky. Better for you to know nothing."

"Where's Peeta and Kate?" She asked desperation clear in her voice.

"Now Katniss. You and Kate have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was to always get you two out, but the Snow got to her first.
Half the tributes were in on it. This is the Revolution and you are the Mockingjay and Kate is The Angel of Death.
And we are on our way to district 13 right now."

"13?"
"13 yes."

"Where's Peeta? What do you mean Snow got to Kate first, is she all right?"

Haymitch joined the conversation and said,"He still has his tracker in his arm. Johannah cut yours out."

"Where is he?"

"In the capitol. They got him, Kate and Johannah."
Her eye's widened and she rushed forward and slapped Haymitch.
"You son of a bitch! You son of a...
You promised me that you would save him over me!"
Heavensbee quickly came up behind her and sedated her.
Katniss was still yelling betrayal clear in her voice," You promised me! You're a liar. You're a  liar."
As she said this she was collapsing on the ground from drugs in her system. And everything went black.

With the group after Katniss was moved.

Haymitch came back into the room.
He said,"Do you think we can just Kate. Because after watching her during the challenge I'm not so sure. She could have easily of just used finnick here for her fathers bidding."

Heavensbee replied,"She could easily swing either way."

Finnick was a little confused," What do you mean as much as I hate to admit it I care for her. She was the capitols angel, it was like the world revolved around her there."

"Well I was there when she first came to the capitol. Snow wanted to use her as a pawn to show he was in power. Here it would be easier for me to just show you the footage."

Heavensbee pulled it up and they watched.

"Ah miss Deathwing I see you made it back in one piece," President snow said.

She chuckle lightly and put a small innocent smile on her face and said," I believe I have you to thank for that Mr. President."

He smiled at her lightly.

The temperature dropped and the tension grew as he said," yes but that is not why I am here today."

She tilted her head to the side and said," I know that face you want to make a deal don't you?"

"You are smart my dear, very smart. Here is my proposal to you. I need someone who is talented and has... experience. You my dear fit the bill. The districts need to be kept under control."
" I could be persuaded to help but I have a few conditions of my own," Kate said with a small smirk.

He raised an eyebrow intrigued," And what would those be."
" I don't want my face plastered everywhere like the other victors. I want peace and quiet, far away from the districts," she said.

" I want to disappear off the face of the earth you could say. I completely agree with controlling the districts, my district didn't even give a damn about me. I want them to pay. They probably would have never noticed me if it weren't for me winning."

He smirked and said," Miss Deathwing I see a lot of myself in you. I also think your conditions can be met."
"How would you plan to go about that sir?" Kate asked.

" We fake your death live at the interview, everyone will think you are dead. As for not living in the districts, I think you will fit perfectly with my family and I. In four years after puberty and a few minor changes to your appearance such as your hair. At 16 announce you as my long-lost daughter. And in that time I give you people to get rid of. You will get on splendidly with my granddaughter. So Miss Deathwing do you accept?" Snow asked with a raised eyebrow.

They watched as she accepted the deal and the screen turned off.

Finnick and Haymitch looked shocked.

Finnick said,"So that's what she ment by the deal."

Heavensbee face was full of worry,"Yes Kate was very smart, she didn't have anyone for him to threaten so she used it to her advantage. At first she was cold, when he would turn around she would glare daggers at his head. Not that anyone noticed. But over the years she did do that, she could easily be Snows ally they would have secret meetings it was almost like they could read each other's minds. In the end im hoping my basically niece will make the right decision."

Haymitch looked skeptical and said,"Plutarch she's not who you thought she was, she could have been playing you the whole time!"

"She wouldn't and that's the end of this discussion."
He just hoped he was right.