Private Sessions and interviews

It had been a week since Kate's meeting with Katniss and as the arena started getting closer and closer Kate started to get more anxious. She was startled out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She turned and straightened herself out and opened the door to see Seneca Crane.

"Seneca! What a lovely surprise, what are you doing here?"Kate asked with a fake smile on her face.

"Kate I was wondering if you weren't too busy we need another person to judge the scores for the tributes. We haven't found anyone to replace Heavensbee this year as he's taking a break and I was hoping that you could step in?" He had a polite smile but there was something else in his eyes but she couldn't place what.

She nodded and said," Of course just let me grab my bag and we can be on our way."

He nodded and she turned and grabbed her bag out of the closet at the back of her room and quickly walked out the door.

They silently walked out of room and made their way to the gamemakers lounge. About halfway there Seneca broke the silence and said," You look beautiful Ms.Snow."
It was random, but Kate replied politely and said,"Thank you.

She hoped that wouldn't egg him on to continue but she wasn't in such luck.

"Kate has your father arranged anything with any... suitors of the capitol?"

She wasn't sure where he was going with this but she knew she didn't like it so she said," No, because you see I haven't been interested and the last one I cared about and my father noticed ended up very... Dead. But anyways any interesting tributes who you think will win?"

Seneca cleared his throat and said," The careers as always of course."

Kate inwardly groaned at the idea of the careers, especially glimmer.

Seneca continued not noticing the slight grimace on Kate's face," Thresh the boy from 11 and the volunteer from 12."
Kate raised an eyebrow and made herself look like she was doubting what he thought of Katniss.

"Really you think the underdog actually has a shot this year a starved peasant?"

He could say no more other than a nod as they arrived at the lounge. They went in and sat on a couch that was in the front and Senaca gestured for the peacekeepers to start bringing in the tributes.

She would watch them as they came in and she gave her honest opinion on scores. Finally, she saw Katniss walk in. She watched as Katniss did a quick look around and then head for the bows. She watched as other game makers disregard her. She watched carefully as Katniss said," Katniss Everdeen, District 12." Everyone snapped at attention.

Kate silently watched as Katniss lined up her arrow and shoot. She missed. Kate kept thinking to herself,' come on katniss you can do this come on.'

The game makers were laughing at her friend, Kate was trying to hold herself from glaring at the disgusting group of men around her.

Katniss picked up another arrow and aimed. She hit dead center but no one else was watching, she saw a look in Katnisses eye. She knew this would not end well.

Katniss picked up the third arrow and looked at Kate. Kate pleaded with her eyes for Katniss not to do it, but she knew it was too late when she saw Katniss take aim a the roast pig and fire an arrow, and shoot the apple out of its mouth.

She hated to admit it but she was proud of her friend and knew she left an impression. She smirked inwardly as watched Katniss bow and say," Thank you, for your consideration."

She watched as her friend left the room, the rest of the game makers were still gaping at where Katniss stood. The door opened and in walked Peeta mellark and that snapped them out of their trances.