The Victory Tour Act 3 begins

It's been a few months since Katniss's and Kate's talk in the hallway. Kate was still hiding her secret from everyone around her. Most of Kate's time was spent the last few months listening to her father's rants about the Mockingjay. Every time she heard him rant about her best friend, she would internally smirk.

Kate was sitting in her room when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up as the white door swung open and her father walked in. She smiled at him as she raised an eyebrow questioningly. He sent the girl a small smile.

"Kate, I need you to accompany me on a trip. We need to get the current situation under control," Snow said.

Kate knew exactly what he was talking about and asked," when do we leave?"

He glanced down at the watch on his wrist and said," 4 o'clock." With that he left Kate to pack.

At 6 o'clock Kate and Snow arrived at the train station. The people of district 12 gathering around them along with peacekeepers to keep the people at a distance.

The Peacekeepers had guided the way to district 12's victor's village. Snow walked up the Everdeen's door and knocked. A few minutes later they heard footsteps and Mrs. Everdeen opened the door and to say she was shocked was an understatement.

She quickly opened the door and invite them in, as they were walking in Kate could see the question in her eyes as if to ask," Should we act like we know you?"

Kate subtly shook her head no. The office and tea were offered. Snow went in while Kate opted for standing in the kitchen with Prim as if they hadn't known each other for years but Kate would occasionally give the small girls hand a squeeze to reassure the young girl.

Eventually Katniss came through the front door and started taking off her winter gear.

Mrs. Everdeen walked out with Prim close behind.

Mrs. Everdeen came out saying," did you have a good walk dear?"

Katniss looked confused and said," walk I was just out-"

But she didn't get to finish as Prim said," We have visitors."

Kate made her entrance with two peacekeepers behind her and gave her friend a warning look.

Kate put on her Katherine facade and said," Ms. Everdeen my father would like to have a chat with you, this way please." Her smile not kind in the slightest, the three girls were unsettled with the predatory smile but knew Katherine was trying to protect them.

Katniss made her way to the office and saw Snow sitting at a desk. That's all Kate saw before the door was shut and she made her way back to the kitchen. When she entered, she had a worried look on her face.

The Snow family left but not before Kate gave the family a look showing she will do what she can to help from the capital.

Katniss sat with her father over the next two weeks and watch Katniss go through each district giving speeches, Kate knew that what happened in district 11 would cost her friend, but she didn't let her concern show on her face.

Finally, it was the day of the party in the capital.

She stood in the shadows just watching everything. She silently laughed at look on her friends face when her uncle Plutarch asked for a dance. Snow was going to make his speech soon, so Kate made her way to the balcony of the mansion.

Everyone listened to the presidential welcome. Katniss looked at her friend then to Snow and saw she had not convinced him that they were truly in love.

Kate watched as her friend made her way back home to district 12.

An hour later Kate was making her way towards her bedroom when she overheard her uncle and father talking about killing the mocking jay. She knew this was going to be bad and feared what was to come for the quarter quell.