21. sadists and sprinting sisters

☆

IF POLLY GRAY HAD CAUGHT CLARA SHELBY in this position, she'd surely get a beating. The girl spat to the side as she shook her head, her hair loosely tied back, strands falling into her face. She adorned a simple pair of trousers and an undershirt, a lazy grin sported on her face. Her fists were in front of her as Will circled the ring. He had stripped himself of his shirt and undershirt—quite like every boy and man in the gym.

Yep, Pol would beat Clara if she caught her.

The girl wasn't even supposed to be in here, but who was to say no to a Shelby? Clara smirked as Will lunged forward, stepping as he threw a punch towards her face. The girl ducked, hitting him in the stomach.

"Oh, c'mon, Clarke...you're better than that." she teased, wiping hair out of her eyes.

"Piss off, Shelby," Will chuckled, gritting his teeth, as he pushed forward, catching her around the waist. The two tumbled to the floor, laughter ringing out as the girl shoved the boy off of her, scrambling to her feet as the boy did the same.

"That's no way to treat a 'lady'," Clara mocked.

"If you're a lady then I'm the bloody king of England." He snorted, the girl jolted forward, catching him 'round the cheek. She winced as she withdrew her fist. Just as she went to speak, a fist slammed into the side of her cheek.

"Oi, you two, times up!" A man called out, as Finn and Isaiah approached them.

"I guess it's even then," Clara shrugged, ducking under the ropes around the ring.

"I got last hit," Will defended, pulling on his undershirt as the girl shrugged on her shirt. "That means I win."

"I beg to differ!"

"Just admit you lost, Shelby,"

"Never."

The girl rolled her eyes as Will sling an arm over her shoulder, watching as Finn and Isaiah began to fight.  Clara took out the packet of cigarettes she'd stolen from John, placing one between her lips before Will offered her the flame he'd used to light his own. The girl lit the cigarette, inhaling the smoke, letting it travel before exhaling, her eyes trained on the ring.

"Come on. Come on." The trainer shouted, overlooking the two boys. King Maine owned the establishment and turned a blind eye for the Shelby girl, but my god was he a pain. Finn had been taking offence, his fists thumping against Isaiah. "Call yourself a Shelby? Fucking hit him, Finn!"