36. joy and woe are woven fine

☆

CLARA HAD PARKED THE CAR AROUND THE BACK OF Arrow house. The rest of the family were piling in one by one, whilst others had opted to walk from the church. She fixed her jacket and hair once more before she joined Will's side. He ran a hand through his locks before swinging a loose arm over her shoulders.

"You ready for the longest night of your life?" He teasingly questioned as they walked behind a few men in red coats.

"Oh yes, I'm absolutely thrilled to be spending a night surrounded by the biggest pricks on this planet!" She sarcastically chirped.

The men in front glanced back at her, the two glanced at him. Clara raised her hand and teasingly wiggled her fingers at them. She was under orders not to fight. Tommy had specifically ordered it on the phone the day before.

"Easy, Shelby," Will laughed, "can't have you getting too happy, it might end up twisting your brain and making you all different."

"That's exactly why you're here," Clara huffed, "you've got to keep me grounded."

"If you start a fight, you owe me ten bob," He wagered.

"Deal,"

The two stopped in their tracks and shook on it before Pol and Michael walked up from behind them.

"Clara, Will," the woman greeted with a smile, her arm linked through her sons. "Enjoy the ceremony?"

"Oh it was incredible, I adored it, it was so go—" Clara's bland and sardonic voice was cut off by Will's hand clamped over her mouth.

"It was very nice, Pol" he answered simply, which earned an approving nod from the Gray woman. The two Gray's walked away as Clara twisted and squirmed in Will's grasp. An idea hit her and she grinned as the boy leapt backwards in disgust.

"You just licked me...what the fuck?!" He questioned in disbelief.

"Don't act like you didn't expect it," Clara scoffed, folding her arms. "Now come on, I believe it's time to face the masses."

Will's arm slung itself around her shoulder as they traipsed towards the entrance of the house where Tommy had stopped the horse-drawn carriage he and Grace had ridden from the church. The entire wedding party gathered around and cheered as the man helped Grace down from the carriage. Clara moved to pet the horse drawing the carriage before she was pulled off to the side by John.

"Oh for God's sake! What?!" She asked in annoyance.

"Your bloody neck! Who did it!" John pushed, "Tell me the man's name, Clara."