Chapter 5

I can't deny that I've been counting down the days for Saturday night. I won't lie that I'm excited about it - incredibly nervous but excited all the same.

Mesha was also nervous for me. She was stoked I was offered a job, extremely proud of me for my rude comments to Seven but was very apprehensive about what a job at the club entailed. She had warned me that it clearly wasn't an escorting job Seven was offering me as they're not run through the club at all. I learnt Mesha simply gets a text with a time, place and clients name that she's able to accept or decline and is then driven to and from her date by big scary looking men like those we saw at my first meeting with Seven.

When I realised it wasn't going to be an escorting job that's when I started to become nervous. Much to my dismay Mesha warned that he may be trying to offer me either a stripping position or to work as a server in the club. Both positions have girls wearing next to nothing if anything at all and the revelation sent me into a melt down. Mesha was great with me while I was freaking out, telling me I didn't have to do it at all. When I reminded her how desperate for the money I was she said I could try negotiate with Seven as to how naked I would be while working in the club. She actually kind of hyped me up into a mindset that his business needed me to make him money, not the other way around.

So here we sit, Mesha and I, in my small room digging through my clothes to curate a collection of risqué outfit options that also leave somethings to the imagination. A lot of it is lingerie like that I saw the girls in the club wearing but unlike them I'm keen to keep the matching bras and corsets on.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Mesha asks me again. She's honestly asked me this at least every few minutes today.

"If you ask me that one more time I swear..." I warn her with an empty threat.

"All I'm saying is it's a big step to go from never having been in a strip club to working at one." Mesh holds her hands up in defence. I know she's right but I've been mentally preparing myself for this the last few days.

"And like I've told you. If I don't like it I'll just quit." I shrug like it's not a big deal.

"So what exactly did he tell you at the store?" Mesha asks.

"Just that if I wanted a job I had to come by at eight and that I couldn't be late." I reiterate, holding up a pair of red lace boy short underwear and Mesha nods approvingly.

"So he really didn't even say what it's for?"

"Nope." I pop the p when I talk for more emphasis for the fact I've told her this many times already. I toss the red underwear into the yes pile that will be getting shoved into a duffel bag that I'll take with me to the club.

"What should I be expecting, going in there?" I ask her.

"I don't know really, I've only ever been there a few times for check ins with them." Mesha shrugs.

"With Curby." I wink at her and she throws a bra at me playfully.

"Oh hush you." She giggles.

"What? You two were totally flirting that day at the club. He even admitted it."

"He's cute for an older guy." Mesh shrugs and I laugh. I can tell she's not wanting to divulge but I know she thinks he's a little more than just cute.

"Mmm. Right." I nod with a knowing smirk.

"Oh stop it Lily! Yes okay I find him very attractive but flings between workers and employees is a big no no." She tells me and I frown.

"Why?"

"Because...well I don't know. I just know it's against rules for that kind of thing. The men aren't even allowed to touch us, not even the strippers in the club." Mesha reveals. And my frown turns to a confused quirk.