Chapter 82

LILIANNA'S POV

I throw the covers off of me and hurl myself to the floor. Grabbing my underwear and the white shirt Seven had been wearing, my actions rushed as an adrenaline fuelled panic replaces the slow fatigue through my body.

Another bang hits just as hard against the front door as my heart does against my chest and I sneak out to the top of the stairs just in time to hear Seven answer the door.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Seven greets the unknown guest.

"Polite as always." A familiar male voice echos through the entrance hallway.

"I told you it's better to speak in person. Phones aren't safe." The man continues and I hear Seven shut the front door, he must have let him in. I know that voice but I can't figure out where I've heard it before.

"It's one in the morning!" Seven scoffs.

"So? You're awake. What's with the pistol?" The guy asks, their voices get louder as they travel into the open living quarters.

"Can't be too careful." Seven replies and the man grunts in agreement. I scoot closer to the stairs to try listen in better to their conversation without being seen.

"I got you the perfect safe house. Decent security system, even has a panic room. Not sure what your thoughts are on decor but it's not shabby. And it's by the beach, just like you requested." The man tells Seven.

Safe house? Why would Seven want a safe house? He has plenty of properties.

"And it's in her name?" Seven asks him. Her name? My ears prick at the pronoun. Whose name?

"Yes. It's all sorted." The man promises.

"Good. Thank you." Seven apprises. I have to stop myself from sneaking closer to the edge to get a peek of them. By how close their voices are I can tell they must be in the living room now, right underneath me.

"What does she think about all this?" The man asks. Again with the pronoun I begin to assume they're possibly talking about me. I can't think of another female they could possibly be referring to.

"I haven't been able to talk to her about it yet. I don't even know the plan myself. She's upstairs." Seven says now confirming that they are indeed talking about me.

"Upstairs! Seven are you fucking stupid?!" The man raises his voice.

"You shouldn't bring her here! What if I was Victor? Or anyone for that matter coming here and finding her!" His yelling puts me slightly on edge but the revelation that this man is not Victor has me more at ease.

"I know. I know! I wasn't thinking properly." Seven defends himself.

"You need to be more careful and stop thinking with your dick and start thinking with your brain." The man scolds. Knowing this man isn't Victor and seems to be trusted by Seven I edge forward, intending to take the first step of the stairs so I can get a glimpse of the late night visitor.

"Fuck off, I said I know. I told her to stay upstairs and be quiet anyway." Seven tells the man just as I make my move for the first step. Presuming I am the epitome of stealth my feet take landing on the top step, only for the wooden boards to send out a generous crying creak as I do.

Both Seven and the man turn their attention up to me. I freeze on the step, a deer caught in the hunters trap as the men silently eye me. Given the view I can now identify the visitor. It is the older, bald man that helped Mesha and I escape my old flat the night Seven left. I recognise him immediately from the large scar across his face. He had worked at the club too, I think his name is Grim.