Chapter 7

I felt dead waking up on Sunday morning. Mesha came round after my shift at the club and we ended up having shots and smoking a joint out my apartment window. Probably not a good mix, it was fun at the time but I paid for it the rest of Sunday.

I spent the day in pyjamas, bingeing on Netflix and take out. On Monday I go to work at the liquor store as usual, letting Jeremy know that I have to shorten my hours for Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. Much to Jeremy's surprise.

"First you ask me for more hours, now you want less?" He laughed. It probably was confusing for him but he didn't push for any explanation which I'm thankful for. It's easy to tell other people that I got a new job as a bartender for a club except Jeremy. Jeremy would ask me all sorts of questions like which bar and who their liquor supplier is and I wouldn't be able to fib my way around the truth.

Wednesday comes quick and I decide to put more effort into my outfits to fit in more. Maybe then the server won't ignore me like on Saturday. I want to try get along with the girls that work in the club, and I hope they're not going to always be so distant and closed off to me. I didn't really get to meet them on Saturday but my interaction with the server was enough to pick up the usual not so warm welcoming.

I pick out a silk white corset top and match it with tight, black snake print leather pants. All the girls wear heels at work so I leave my boots and opt for a comfy pair of strapped heels that will last me for the night without getting achy feet. I keep my make up light and more natural than I did on Saturday and pin my blonde hair back from my face, securing it with a hair tie and letting it fall down my back.

Staring at myself in the mirror I feel confident, now that I know what to expect from working a night already

Staring at myself in the mirror I feel confident, now that I know what to expect from working a night already. I'm kind of excited to see Seven again, not that I'd admit it to anyone - I can barely admit it to myself that I want to see him. But ever since hearing his comments to Curby about me not being his type I somehow want to make a point to prove to him that maybe I could be. Don't ask me why. I don't understand it myself but his rejection of me has bothered me since I heard it leave his mouth.

This time when I arrive at the club I make sure to park around the back, I notice the big black car I recognise as the same car Seven got into when I watched him leave the liquor store and ignore the butterflies in my stomach. It's absolutely stupid of me to have these reactions over him. He is my new boss and as far as I've seen he's a little unhinged. The way he stared at me while he got a lap dance hasn't left my mind, but neither has the way he looked when he threw that old man out. He comes across rather scary and intimidating when he wants to.