Chapter 48

SEVEN'S POV

Silence.

I've always been fond of silence. The type that stuns your brain into complete quietude, where your thoughts entirely shut down to listen to the nothingness. I assume this is what it's like for people who practice meditation, that get into that divine deep stillness within their mind and body. Unlike meditation though my struggles to find sources of silence where never relaxing. Usually I'm on the verge of some kind of break down, in absolute desperation to rid my mind of the thoughts or memories of my life.

I found silence in things; like drugs and alcohol, in hitting a punching bag till I physically collapsed, fucking a nameless woman into oblivion, standing under scorching hot or icy cold water in the dark. When I was younger, right after my dad was murdered I use to find silence in the bathtub. I'd lay under the water till my lungs burned of oxygen starvation but despite the physical pain of that, it always calmed me. I took a huge comfort in it and I suppose the dull aches and pains from my quests for silence have progressed a little more from just holding my breath till the point of blacking out. I don't know what it is about pain that appeals to me. Maybe it's because I was so emotionally inept to feel things that feeling physical pain felt like a good compromise to the bleak void of my emotions. Being able to feel the pain reminded me I was still human after all, my lifestyle hadn't turned me into a complete alexithymic.

But even though finding the silence through these various activities over the years has helped quiet my fucked up mind, none of them have worked the way that Lilianna does. Being around her is a distraction to any man, but for me she not only silences the hectic reminders of my shitty life - she brings out thoughts and feelings in me that challenge the bad shit to no end.

My lungs begin to ache and I know I need to come up for air soon or else I'll pass out in the ocean which won't be ideal. I break the surface and shake my head, flicking the water from my hair and look around for her.

Immediately I hear the collection of sweet giggles across the water and spin in search of their creator

Lilianna laughs to herself as she paddles through the deep water over to me. I have no idea what she's even laughing about but it's always amazed me that it doesn't take anything humorous for her to giggle this way. Just the joy of being in such a moment is enough for her. I find it so interesting that despite having unfair shit happen to her in life she isn't resentful, hurtful or the slightest bit bitter about it. She still takes any opportunity to smile, to laugh and to be kind.

Hazel eyes gleam in a beautiful contrast to the surrounding blue waters, a bright smile hovers just over the water as she stops swimming to wade in the deep next to me. God she is beautiful. The most beautiful creature I've ever seen, and she's mine.

"What?" Lily leans her head to the side, catching me staring at her.

"Nothing." I shake my head and look back to the yacht.