Chapter 15

"What the fuck was that?" I yank my wrist out of Seven's grip once we're alone in the corridor.

"Nothing." He tries to brush off.

"Nothing? You just choked that man till he almost passed out!" I yell.

"Yeah well if he had kept his hands to himself then so would've I!" Seven yells back.

"What is your problem? Customers have been touching Kitty all night, I don't see you tackling them down!" I point out.

"I don't give a shit about Kitty." He says his voice no longer yelling.

"What, so you give a shit about me then? Is that what you're trying to say?" I laugh but my heart thuds against my chest as I look at him. He can't be serious.

"I..." Seven avoids my gaze and rubs the palms of his hands into his eyes in frustration.

"I don't know!" He admits warily. His hands move to comb through his brown hair.

"I don't know why I fucking did that okay!" Seven seems just as confused by his actions as I am.

"I just know I didn't like him touching you like that. I don't like the way they're looking at you." He admits and my heart splutters at his confession.

He was jealous?! Seven is jealous over the men looking at me tonight, and snapped when one of them touched me. Like he has before when other customers have touched me. The old man at the bar and then that meat head with his friends who grabbed me by the face. Seven's come to my defence every time someone has touched me.

"Well you're going to have to get use to it now that I'm a server." I fold my arms at him and watch his jaw tick in frustration.

"That's the only reason Victor made you a server. He did it to fuck me off." He reveals.

"Why would that fuck you off? Why are you so triggered by someone touching me?" I put to him and his green eyes find mine. The look in his eyes is pleading as he shakes his head, silently asking me not to ask him the questions I am.

"Can we go somewhere to talk?" Seven asks instead of answering me.

"No." I don't trust myself to go anywhere alone with him.

"Please." Seven begs and I've never heard him sound so desperate before.

"I said no." It takes everything in me not to fold. I want nothing more than to go somewhere to talk with him but I know where that will get me. I've told myself I need to keep my distance from him and that's what I need to do.

"Fuck sakes Lilianna!" He grows irritated by my refusal. I can tell he's not use to anyone telling him no.

"Why won't you just talk to me!" He demands pinching the bridge of his nose in vexation.

"I'm talking to you now." I point out.

"I mean in private. I don't want to talk about shit with other people around." He sighs, exasperated.

"Because I don't trust myself alone with you." I admit openly and he looks at me with an unreadable look on his face.

"Are you scared of me?" He asks quietly.

"No." I shake my head at him.

"I'm not scared of you. I'm scared of what might happen if we're alone together." I clarify and his eyes dart between mine as he studies them for the meaning behind my words.

Seven steps forward so he's only a foot away from me now. I can smell his cologne and the scent itself sets my heart singing. My breath picks up from the burning look behind Seven's eyes as he looks over my face. His eyes dropping momentarily to look down at my barely covered body. When his eyes meet mine again his pupils are completely blown out and I feel the air stick in the back of my throat. Electricity is buzzing at my fingertips willing me to reach out and grab him but I don't.