Chapter 62

SEVEN'S POV

"Have you called her?" I ask Curby for the fifth time in the last ten minutes.

"I texted her not long ago." He replies flatly.

"Call her." I insist.

"No." He refuses and cringes at the idea.

"She's ten minutes late. Is she even coming?" I chew on my thumb nail to combat the pent up tension pulsing through my body. She's late and it's driving me insane with every minute that ticks by. I wish Curby would stop being such a bitch and just fucking call her.

"She will be here, just calm down." Curby apprises, digging into his pocket and pulling out a cigarette.

"I am calm." I lie and snatch the cigarette packet from his hand to pull one out for myself. Why the fuck is this shit so stressful? And why does she have to be so damn late it's making it worse.

I flick my lighter as Curby does the same, both igniting our cigarettes at the same time. The thick smoke enters my mouth as I draw it in deeply, hoping the tobacco will bring some solace to my shot nerves. I hate feeling this way, and I hate how my body is itching for a bump of coke to try deal with it.

I exhale the used smoke out into the air and watch out the decent gap between the concrete platforms to the minimal view of the surrounding buildings. We're on the fourth story of some shitty parking building, a strange place to meet but Curby said him and Mesha would use this place often as a usual meet up area. I imagine a lot of couples sneaking around would come to places like this. In fact I'm pretty sure the few cars parked on the lower levels we passed on the drive up here are harbouring couples hooking up in secret. Nothing more romantic then car sex in some derelict parking complex, am I right? The place smells like dust and oil spills and is obviously used as a hang out for the local delinquents and practicing street artists.

I study the graffiti on the walls, trying to figure out what the actual fucking letters say to pass the time. I'm half way through my cigarette and deciphering a large green bubble font tag when Curby speaks up.

"That's her car, make sure she can't see you." He says and I step further back behind one of the huge concrete support beams as a red Mini Cooper rounds the corner of the fourth level. I can hear her obnoxiously loud music from here as she drives the short distance to where Curby has parked in the west end of this level.

When the engine turns off, cutting off the beats of music mid sentence, I take another drag of my cigarette, listening out for the car door. It opens and closes quickly before Mesha's voice echoes over the empty car park.

"Cubby bear I've missed you!" She practically screeches. I cringe at the nickname and then cringe again at the sound of their obnoxious kissing. I've heard just about enough before I'm going to be sick so I round the corner of the support beam I was hidden behind to face them.

Mesha is too busy sucking the lips off Curby's face to even notice me yet. I lean against the beam and drag on my cigarette, waiting impatiently for them to surface for air. Her long curly, jet black hair is fisted in Curb's hands as he makes no attempt to break their intense snogging even though he knows I'm here waiting.

"Jesus Christ I think I'm going to be sick if I have to keep watching this." I groan loudly and immediately they break away from each other. Curby's shoulders go slack, clearly annoyed by my comment but expectant of my interruption. Mesha however is completely caught off guard and nonplus to my appearance. She's so perplexed by my presence she has no idea how to react. Her dark eyes are wide, red stained mouth completely open. I had expected her to cuss me out or even swing at me, but I hadn't expected her bewildered silence.