Chapter 22

A shrill beeping wakes me on Saturday morning. It takes a moment for my groggy, morning mind to realise it's my phone ring tone going off.

I sit up and rub my eyes, before leaning over to grab my phone off the small side table. I check the time before answering, it's nine in the morning and I feel like shit. I've slept maybe five hours.

"Hello?" I answer the phone, my voice croaked and stripped in tiredness.

"Lily!" Tiffany's voice squeals through the phone making me grimace. She's always been a morning person, I don't know where she gets the energy so early in the morning.

"Hey Tiff." I croak and try clear my throat.

"We're you still asleep?" She asks, a judgement in her tone.

"No, no I was just...just making breakfast." I lie.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Well I'm back from France!" Tiffany sings and I wipe a hand over my face in an attempt to wake me up more.

"Oh neat." I hum.

"I'm organising a dinner tonight for my big return." Tiffany says as if she's been away for years and not a couple of weeks.

"What time tonight?" I ask.

"I've booked a table for nine. And we can go to a club afterwards if everyone's keen." Tiffany plans and I get out of bed.

"I have work tonight." I remind her.

"So? Just take the night off. I haven't seen you in ages!" Tiffany complains and I roll my eyes.

She is right, we have hardly hung out since I met Mesha. And I suppose I could take tonight off from the club. To be honest it would be nice to not have to look at Destiny dancing on stage knowing about her and Seven. Ugh. Fuck it.

"Yeah okay I'm in." I agree with Tiffany and listen to her happy cheer on the other end.

"Okay! Well dress nice because the place is a real hot spot at the moment. I was lucky my dad rung through and got me a table since he knows the owner." Tiffany drops in a small brag and I just nod.

"Sounds good. Just send me the info and I'll be there." I tell her, making my way to the kitchen and turning on my coffee machine.

Tiffany stays on the line for another twenty minutes as she explains her outfit choice for the night so I don't wear anything similar and talks about the cute Parisian boys she met while in Paris.

Eventually she hangs up to ring the next person to invite to her dinner tonight and when she does I ring the club and tell a guy called Pug who answers the phone that I won't be in to work tonight. I've prepared a practiced excuse but he doesn't even ask or seem bothered by my absence tonight.

I skip on the coffee I've made and head back to bed to try get some more sleep so I won't be yawning at dinner. Mesha rings around lunch and also asks me out to dinner. I tell her of my plans with Tiffany and invite her to join us but she declines, saying she finds Tiffany too high maintenance. Which is fair enough, I couldn't imagine the energy I'd need to hang out with both Mesha and Tiffany together.

They're alike in some ways but very different in many others.

When the clock hits eight I begin to get ready. The shower is comforting and I have to force myself out of it. My mind has been tired with the thoughts of Seven and Destiny and that black sedan. I stared at Seven's number in my phone for some time today, contemplating calling him up to cuss him out about Destiny and if he knows anything about why I might be being followed. A strong part of me feels that somehow Seven is connected to the black sedan.