Chapter 50

SEVEN'S POV

Victor knows.

What does he know is the question?

Does he know that I defied his direct orders and made Curby go along with it too? Does he know about me and Lilianna? The anxiety of not knowing what it is exactly that Victor might know is eating away at me. And it grows with every hour that goes by with no reply from Curby. I have rung him over twenty times already even though it always goes straight to voicemail. My texts have also gone unanswered.

Lilianna knows something is up, she knew as soon as I stepped back out onto the deck with her. I saw it in the way her head tilted as she took in my appearance, I know I must look like shit. I feel like shit, my stomach couldn't drop any lower and I feel the sweat building under my arms and in my palms. Much to my surprise but also my appreciation Lily doesn't bombard me with her usual nosy questions. I can tell she's dying to ask me why I'm as pale as a ghost right now but she doesn't. I think the way I had a go at her yesterday over asking questions is keeping her from quizzing me.

Thank fuck. I really don't want to worry Lily over this shit. Not till I at least figure out what exactly Curby meant by Victor knows.

As the yacht glides over the water back to shore I find Lily standing at the front of the deck, holding onto the rail as she looks down at the bow cutting steadily through the ocean at a pace. She doesn't notice me approach and jumps when my arms wrap around her waist.

"Seven! You scared me!" She giggles lightly at her dramatic reaction. Immediately I bury my face into the curve of her neck and shoulder, pressing my mouth to the soft skin and inhaling the sweet vanilla scent she is always bathed in.

"What are you doing up here?" I ask into her neck.

"Just watching. I think I saw some dolphins before." One of her hands rests over mine on her stomach while the other still clings to the railing keeping her steady.

"I've never seen dolphins in real life before so I got a bit excited." She admits slightly embarrassed.

"I'll take you to see some dolphins next time. We can sail out longer." If she wants to see dolphins, I'll make sure she fucking sees some dolphins. Anything she wants I'll make sure she gets it. I wish I'd planned for us to be away on this boat for more than just the one night. I should have done a week, gone off the grid and sailed around the coast where there's heaps of dolphin spotting. She could have swam with them, she would've loved that. I should have done that, fuck sakes.

"I'd like that." She agrees with my promises of future trips. I hope I can make those promises come to fruition, I guess whatever happens when I'm back on land will determine that.

Lily turns in my arms so her back is rested against the rail and she looks up at me.

"Thank you. For doing all of this. For giving us this time together I've really enjoyed myself." Her eyes are warm and her lips hold her cheeks up in a delicate smile.

"I'm glad you were keen to be trapped on a vessel with me." I joke and she giggles gently.

"Of course I would." She glances at my mouth then back to my eyes.

"Seven, I uh, I wanted to tell you something." Lily sounds nervous which in turn makes me feel incredibly nervous.

"What?" I ask but I'm unsure if I want to hear what she's going to say.

"Well," Lily's cheeks begin to fill with embarrassment as her eyes begin to dark all over so she doesn't have to look at my face.

"Well I just wanted to let you know that you're becoming an important person to me. I don't... I don't really have many people in my life. And very few of those people I'm actually close to or that I can depend on. But you're..." She struggles to find the words for a second.