Chapter 78

SEVEN'S POV

"What was so important that we had to meet in person?" I ask, taking a seat at a private table in the upstairs floor of the restaurant. My hair wet from my quick shower I managed to take after leaving Lilianna's.

Grimmy eyes me, probably not use to my casual attire of a plain white t-shirt and jeans. While he and Curby both wear standard dress shirts and pants, looking like quite a pair of fine gentlemen to the outside world. I would've dressed for business but they weren't giving me much time and a lot of my clothes are dirty or damaged. I need to buy some more but I just haven't gotten around to it yet, either that or I might actually have to do a load of washing that's not just boxers.

"It's safer this way. Away from prying ears." Grimmy points out.

"We didn't disturb you did we?" Curby asks with a smirk and takes a drink from the coffee cup in front of him. The caffeine is strong, I can smell the bitterness from across the table.

"No." I shoot him a glare.

"No? That's weird. I could've sworn you would be busy gardening." Curby's eyes dance in amusement. I know there's a joke somewhere hidden in his words but I'm baffled and bite his line just to hear it.

"Gardening?" I raise a brow at him confused.

"Yeah. Thought you were seeding those Lillies you got-" He begins with a wicked smirk.

"Oh fuck off." I interrupt, flipping him off as I do so.

"Would you two stop fucking about for a second. We have real shit to discuss." Grim rolls his eyes at us both, just as unamused by Curby's joke as me.

"Before you do, there's actually something I want to ask." I interrupt.

"Go ahead." Grim says and folds his arms.

"Did either of you know it was Victor who killed my father? Not Jacob Costello. It was Victor." I ask and I can tell right away from their reactions that they in fact, did not know this.

"Who told you that?" Curby leans forward as Grim seems to be shocked into silence.

"Lilianna found a diary. Jacob's diary. He wrote about how Victor killed my father and he and Evangelina were about to flee knowing Victor would pin it on them because they were planning to leave the firm for a normal life. He had been writing for months worried that Victor would do something for power." I explain and Grim frowns out to the restaurant floor. His gaze far away as the revelation plays on his mind.

"Fucking hell." Curby mutters under his breath. I'm glad they both believe me and believe Lilianna. But it's probably Victor's own actions that make this so believable. He is power hungry. Killing my mother, possibly one of my sisters, Lilianna's parents and countless other victims have fallen in the way of his strive for control.

The three of us are quiet for a moment and I signal the small Asian women to bring over a glass of water for me. She places it in front of me and when she leaves I ask.

"So what's your news." And take a sip of the water. Grim looks to Curby before he speaks.

"There are whispers, rumours going around." Grim reveals.

"Rumours? What rumours?"

"That that whore from the club is pregnant with the spawn of Satan himself." Curby answers in a hushed voice.

"Who?" I ask even though I think I have a fair idea.

"Destiny?" I answer my own question and they both nod.

What the fuck? If I'm honest I'm more surprised Victor has even kept her around, considering he had me shoot her as a test of my loyalty. The gun wasn't actually loaded but I didn't know that at the time.